Frequency of dashboard sales updates

I'm 90% sure that all my sales dashboard notifications from alamy show up around 8pm pacific time. Is that just a startling coincidence or does alamy only update the sale page once a day as opposed to other sites which update as they occur? 

The dashboard updates daily, weekdays only, around the start of the UK business day (say 9am GMT or BST depending on the time of year).

You can see near-instantaneous records of sales made on your account by clicking on 'Download Sales Report'. This gives you the 'Net Revenue Sales Report' which has a multitude of parameters. Set the date range to end at the current day and the dropdown tab to 'date of Invoice'. If you then refresh the report you will see any sales appear as the sale is made.  I have this report permanently open and refresh it (in hope exceeding expectation) every hour or two when I'm at my desk.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Joseph Clemson said:

The dashboard updates daily, weekdays only, around the start of the UK business day (say 9am GMT or BST depending on the time of year).

You can see near-instantaneous records of sales made on your account by clicking on 'Download Sales Report'. This gives you the 'Net Revenue Sales Report' which has a multitude of parameters. Set the date range to end at the current day and the dropdown tab to 'date of Invoice'. If you then refresh the report you will see any sales appear as the sale is made.  I have this report permanently open and refresh it (in hope exceeding expectation) every hour or two when I'm at my desk.

Love it. Hopefully my OCD tendencies won't get out of control, but I anticipate refreshing that often. Thanks

Whenever an update is mentioned the Law of the Sod is invoked, so measures and the database have thus far not updated. Hopefully the system is struggling to cope with a huge number of sales........

• Love 1

54 minutes ago, Avpics said:

Whenever an update is mentioned the Law of the Sod is invoked, so measures and the database have thus far not updated. Hopefully the system is struggling to cope with a huge number of sales........

Not quite the Law of the Sod. I've noticed previously that Friday updates can sometimes be a little later in the morning than the rest of the week. I kind of imagine the person who pushes the 'Update' button having a weekly meeting (on sales?) each  Friday morning, taking ten minutes for a cuppa to recover from the trauma and then, and only then, reaching for the update button. 

Except today isn't Friday, of course. :rolleyes:

Edited by Joseph Clemson
Edited for clarity

14 hours ago, KFisher said:

Love it. Hopefully my OCD tendencies won't get out of control, but I anticipate refreshing that often. Thanks

Yes, once discovered you will be updating frequently - like i do!!

John.

• Like 1

The database hasn't updated yet today, even later than yesterday. I don't know why it bothers me given that most sales are old ones, but it always seems to happen when I've worked late into the night on a large number of images. Perhaps it's my fault!

On 27/08/2019 at 14:12, KFisher said:

I'm 90% sure that all my sales dashboard notifications from alamy show up around 8pm pacific time. Is that just a startling coincidence or does alamy only update the sale page once a day as opposed to other sites which update as they occur? 

Depends what you mean by "all my sales dashboard notifications".  For the front of the dashboard, yes, only once every 24 hours.

But if you're watching sales by checking "Net revenue sales report" by "Date of Invoice", then I think sales are reported as they come in.

• Like 1

I emailed CR and received this reply:

"Thanks for flagging this to us.

We aren’t aware of any current issues with this, but we’ll pass this over to our IT team to see if they’re aware of this."

And now, not that long ago, the database has updated.