NON-exclusive search option in AIM

Phil Robinson

When in Image Manager, one of the filters is 'exclusive to Alamy'.

Given the new financial relevance of exclusivity, could we also have a 'NOT exclusive to Alamy' filter to see the only the other ones?

This would be very useful for checking on images we've missed while trying to exclusivitise our portfolios.

Thanks

16 hours ago, Phil Robinson said:

When in Image Manager, one of the filters is 'exclusive to Alamy'.

Given the new financial relevance of exclusivity, could we also have a 'NOT exclusive to Alamy' filter to see the only the other ones?

This would be very useful for checking on images we've missed while trying to exclusivitise our portfolios.

Thanks

I cannot find the "exclusive to Alamy" filter option in my AIM.

Agree that it would be convenient to see the exclusive and not exclusive images in an easy way.

Just found that attribute myself from your description.

I totally agree with you in having a "Not exclusive to Alamy" attribute.

When I go into AIM it tells me that there is a total over 4600 images. On clicking the "Exclusive to Alamy" box there are only 4100 recorded. This despite spending some time going through and marking all images as "Exclusive".

Allan

I hope there is a clear definition in the new contract as to the Alamy meaning of "exclusive to Alamy", or "only available at Alamy".

What kind of exclusivity are we granting?

For instance if I copy a well known, out of copyright historic painting, and upload the digital file to Alamy, can my particular upload be exclusive to Alamy when other legitimate copies by other photographers are at other stock photo agencies?

How about taking identical peak action images with a crowd of photographers all uploading to different agencies? I have been in photographer crowds when shutters sounded like machine gun fire.

This shot for instance from a crowd of about 60 professional photographers there to photograph a called off surfing competition. The conversations between machine gunning waves was all around which stock agencies were the best.
Record high 35 foot surf due to El Nino on north shore of island of Oahu in the state of Hawaii USAStock Photo

3 hours ago, Chuck Nacke said:

Maybe I'm blind, but I can not find any "Exclusive to Alamy" in AIM, All I see is "Only Available on Alamy"

under the Optional tab?

Chuck

>Filters>attributes - scroll to bottom

20 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

When I go into AIM it tells me that there is a total over 4600 images. On clicking the "Exclusive to Alamy" box there are only 4100 recorded. This despite spending some time going through and marking all images as "Exclusive".

Allan

That also puzzled me. But you have to click "all on sale" in Discoverability to get the actual number - if not, other categories are included.

On 03/01/2019 at 03:47, Chuck Nacke said:

Maybe I'm blind, but I can not find any "Exclusive to Alamy" in AIM, All I see is "Only Available on Alamy"

under the Optional tab?

Chuck

Mine says "Exclusive Alamy" - maybe the wording across the pond is different (or they've changed it overnight)

On 02/01/2019 at 16:00, Allan Bell said:

Allan

The "all subs" total includes all rejections and deletions. Mine shows nearly 11,000 back to the year dot.

"All on sale" in discoverability excludes them.

On 04/01/2019 at 12:16, spacecadet said:

The "all subs" total includes all rejections and deletions. Mine shows nearly 11,000 back to the year dot.

"All on sale" in discoverability excludes them.

Thanks Mark all sorted now.

As for the discussion about "only available on Alamy", and "exclusive to alamy"

Just to make it clear I see AIM - "Optional" - "Only available on Alamy", and AIM - "Attributes" - scroll down - "Exclusive to Alamy".

Allan

4 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Thanks Mark all sorted now.

As for the discussion about "only available on Alamy", and "exclusive to alamy"

Just to make it clear I see AIM - "Optional" - "Only available on Alamy", and AIM - "Attributes" - scroll down - "Exclusive to Alamy".

Allan

Is there a difference between 'only available on' and 'exclusive to'? As a linguist I'd say no - maybe a legal expert knows better.

OK Folks,

Here is the response I received from Alamy:

Hi Chuck,

Currently there is only a filter to display images that have already been marked as exclusive to Alamy in this way. But we will be implementing a change to AIM which will allow contributors to also filter their images and show images in their collection that are Non-Exclusive.

As 90% of your collection is Exclusive to Alamy with the current version of AIM the easiest method may be to temporarily assign all of your images as Exclusive and then uncheck the box for those you have available elsewhere. Unfortunately, there is no way for you to mark all images as exclusive in one go but what you can do is edit them in batches.

You can do this in batches of up to 500 images by selecting multiple submissions in the left hand column using the 'shift' key and then ticking 'select all passed' from the top bar.

This will then select all passed images in those batches, you can edit their annotation to “Only available on Alamy” and then select the next batches down. As you have just over 1200 images in your collection this should be possible to mark the images as exclusive in 3 batches.

Alternatively, if you’d rather not to mark all of your images as exclusive as the temporary work around you may prefer to wait until the filter goes live within AIM.

I hope this helps, happy for you to post response on forum

Thanks

Dan

Alamy Contributor Relations

Phil,

'only available on' and 'exclusive to'?

I would agree that the two should be the same thing?

Chuck

Archived