Photographers from outside UK or US

Good morning everyone,

I see that in the topics "Did you see any Alamy photographs ....." the majority is found in UK magazines.

Since i am living in Poland and my biggest amount of images are Polish i was wondering if there are here Alamy photographers from other country then UK and US that uploads national images and also get regular sales?

Mirco

Germany - even with the Alamy German office, I don't sell so many German subjects through Alamy as I do through local agencies. Just checked back on my records, as a percentage of my total sales for 2012 German subjects did quite poorly. 2013 so far is looking a bit better.

Belgium here ;)

Unfortunately, the answer is "Nope!" Very poor sales of Belgian landmarks and cityscapes. Luckily, I have lots of pictures of nature related subjects that can be sold all over Europe. In other words, which are not specific country related.

Don't focus only on Alamy because you'll be deeply disappointed about your specific-Poland-pictures' sales (number of sales as well as $$ ..... Polish clients pay poorly, all of my Polish sales in 2013 are under 50$, most are under 40$ ..... and that's gross).

Because Alamy doesn't require exclusivity, I would strongly advice to look for a Poland agency to distribute your strict Polish related pictures. I do the same in Belgium and it is very well worth the effort though I have to redo all the captions and keywords in French.

Cheers,

Philippe

Thanks.

Philippe..... is it snowing in Belgium? According to your last image :).

Earlier I had some textbook sales (print and electronic) at very good prices - rare now and prices are much lower...

I've just had a Poland sale drop in today

Usage: Editorial

Media: Textbook - print only

Print run: up to 5,000

Placement: Inside

Image Size: 1 page

Start: 01 August 2013

End: 01 August 2018

$36.26

My Canada (mainly Vancouver, where I live) photos do sell, but not nearly as well as my Latin America collection, which keeps me afloat on Alamy. I have very few sales/licenses in the UK or Canada. Most customers are in the USA or Europe (occasionally Poland for low fees), followed by Asia, Mexico, and South America. 

I think that one of the reasons why so many Alamy images are found in UK publications is that there are a number of very diligent UK photographers looking for them on a regular basis. Perhaps this comes from living on a relatively small island, or maybe we're just lazier about such things on this side of the pond. 

Even New York City doesn't sell as well as London and Paris and . . . where else? Once, I had thought I might go live in some other locations in the world for say six months and shoot stock. Rising costs and shrinking stock prices have killed that plan. 

If I shot stock for the money, I would have stopped long ago. Now days I do it for the creative pleasure; and frankly because it gives me something to do. I enjoy even the time-consuming and often tedious aspect of stock: key wording, PP and research. I'd like to teach photography, as I did long ago, but I don't feel I could address younger people who are better with computing than I am. 

Same here, of Antwerp. Vindicates the variety policy, I suppose.

Niels, do you happen to know which magazine?

No, Mark, unfortunately I don't. I would like to know, too. 

Media: Magazine - Print and App

Print run: up to 250,000

I see that in the topics "Did you see any Alamy photographs ....." the majority is found in UK magazines.

Mirco,

The reports in this thread a heavily skewed towards the UK because that's where most of the people reporting the sales live.  We don't see many Polish newspapers or magazines over here!  I used to get a few sales from Poland, mainly textbooks, before I opted out of the distribution scheme.

Chris

Same here, of Antwerp. Vindicates the variety policy, I suppose.

Niels, do you happen to know which magazine?

No, Mark, unfortunately I don't. I would like to know, too. 

Media: Magazine - Print and App

Print run: up to 250,000

That's it.

Archived