Got my first sale! Feeling Good!

Reji

It's a good feeling. Ten years in and I am still pleased with every sale (well almost every one, some of the $3 sales wind me up). Regular sales is a numbers/quality game; you are competing against photographers who upload many thousands a year and also some outstanding talents. You either need to upload many more or provide superb quality and ideally unique content to get a steady flow of sales, good luck for the future. I hope you do well.

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 03:00, John Mitchell said:

Congratulations. Architectural shots tend to do well on Alamy.

BTW, images with recognizable buildings should be RM or RF Editorial (check the editorial use only box in the image manager).

Are there any caveats about that?  I know some of my images are of "architectural" elements but they tend to be older (lots of medieval buildings).

On 8/11/2018 at 09:26, CarlosGandiaga said:

Are there any caveats about that?  I know some of my images are of "architectural" elements but they tend to be older (lots of medieval buildings).

Good question to which I don't have a definitive answer. Maybe someone else does. I always make images with buildings or architectural details in them RM (or rarely RF Editorial) just to be on the safe side. Buildings are usually owned by someone or some organization.

On 11/08/2018 at 17:26, CarlosGandiaga said:

Even medieval buildings have someone who owns them. You need to check the situation with any building you photograph - I can't comment on the buildings in your images, but in the UK similar buildings are mostly owned/managed by national organisations (English Heritage and National Trust). They have strict policies which bars photographers from selling images for reward if they are taken in the property or on land around them which is not a public right of way. Many historical buildings have a website associated with them and the policy regarding commercial photography will often be laid out there. FWIW, I tick all my architectural images as RM, Editorial Only. 

Archived