NEW ! The 2018 Nik Collection Anyone Tried It Yet?

1 hour ago, Betty LaRue said:

Is there a link explaining what it does? I would assume (that dreadful word) that it must have something to offer better than the old set.

Betty

Not tried it myself, but link here https://nikcollection.dxo.com

Little (if any) mention of new tools within the set, but there is the usual free 30 day trial, so guess that's the best way to see if it's worth the $50 (buy early) or $69 they are asking for it.

To get it not to crash on my Mac (running High Sierra 10.13.4) I activated all the Ariel fonts (instructions from DXO said to removed any surplus ones, but some of the unique versions weren't activated) and turned off the Adobe Creative Cloud app and all Photoshop programs before installing.  First installations didn't work well.  After that, it was fine.  What it does is work with newer Adobe products (I have Lightroom Classic and Adobe Photoshop, latest versions) and more recent operating systems.   My understanding is that if you liked the older version but had trouble running it on newer software and operating systems, this is worth getting. 

28 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

I've got that free DXO Nik collection as an add on with PS CC too. Is DXO going to kill it, take it back? 

Edo

Don't know about CC. I downloaded it separately as stand alone.

Allan

I expect future operating upgrades to our computers will not be compatible with the old since the new paid version has debuted. I’d just as soon get it now with the discount as to be forced to pay the higher price later when the old is no longer compatible.

Betty

On 6/7/2018 at 08:57, Allan Bell said:

Don't know about CC. I downloaded it separately as stand alone.

Allan

I used to use what is now Viveza 2 on Nikon NX2 as a separate stop between LR and PS. I find having it as part of Nik in the Filters of PS faster and smoother. 

3 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

I used to use what is now Viveza 2 on Nikon NX2 as a separate stop between LR and PS. I find having it as part of Nik in the Filters of PS faster and smoother. 

Don't buy any more software, Ed.

Breakfast #2 or 3 is a much better investment.

Archived