Search not working (2) This time, the forum

I sometimes search the forum using my pseudos to see if I feature in the 'Images found' sections.

Usually I get the same old results with the occasional addition, but now, nothing.

Some words, like 'images' come up with results, but most words bring up nothing.

Just me or is it a general problem?

Doesn't work for me either, unless I use advanced search option, then it's fine.

Your posting is a really good tip, why didn't I think of confining my search to the forum (I usually use a wider Google search). It works a treat.

Mark

Tech has initially replied (not directly) that they did not see a problem on their side.

My main problem was that I could not search further back than May 2nd when logged in. But I could search the forum all the way back when I am logged out. Including your problem, however I have never used that method knowingly, so I can only say I cannot search that way now. Not if I have ever been able to use it.

Maybe check if your problem is wider than just the names search and ask Tech via the contributor staff.

wim

Hi All,

We have raised this issue with Invision Power who host the forum platform and we're trying to resolve it.

Sorry for any inconvenience in the meantime.

Cheers

Alamy 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone

Our platform provider has confirmed that they've done some updates to fix this issue, please let us know if you are still having problems when searching the forum. 

Thanks

Alamy

Hi Kathy 

Thanks for letting us know, we will pass on this information to our forum providers so they know it's still an issue. 

All the best

Alamy 

Very minor and not a real worry but now the front page of the Forum does not seem to display who is logged in any more except me.

Gen

Archived