Just bought an iPad Pro for use on the go.  Has anyone any suggestion for a good app for collating images after upload.  I want to keep this iPad free of clutter and be organised from the start and won’t have a normal folder system to do this.  Also which app do you find best for simple cropping, levels, cleaning etc. and is there one where you can add file info such as with photoshop. Can I upload from this iPad?  If so is there an app I need for this or will I be able to do it on my Alamy page.  

Many thanks.  I don’t want to be spending on apps I will later find no good. 

On 3/31/2018 at 09:26, Bridget said:

Just bought an iPad Pro for use on the go.  Has anyone any suggestion for a good app for collating images after upload.  I want to keep this iPad free of clutter and be organised from the start and won’t have a normal folder system to do this.  Also which app do you find best for simple cropping, levels, cleaning etc. and is there one where you can add file info such as with photoshop. Can I upload from this iPad?  If so is there an app I need for this or will I be able to do it on my Alamy page.  

Many thanks.  I don’t want to be spending on apps I will later find no good. 

You can do quite a lot with Camera+ - https://camera.plus/. I use it a bit. I also quite like PicsArt for some whacky effects for use with S*****mo! :-)

Edited by Jansos
link included

I’ve only got an iPad pro, no pc or laptop. Upload to Alamy is easy just log in.  I use the standard Photos app for cropping, colour/ light adjustment and MetaGear for tagging. I suspect both Photos App and MetaGear are limited so I’m very interested on others’ comments on this thread.

That's the problem with these Mickey Mouse units -- no RAW, no storage, no CC, no nothin' -- small, inexpensive, yes.  But useless, if you're trying to do a pro workflow for stock photography. A MacBook Pro 13" makes a lot more sense. 

And Bridget, there is no iPad Pro 12.5 -- it's either a 10.5 or 12.9.

Edited by Ed Rooney

I use a 12.9in iPADPro.

Edit JPGs and RAWs using Lightroom Mobile (Basic Caption only), can save the RAW’s to your camera roll so then you can use what you list.

I use PicturePro Apps to caption & upload via FTP but it’s basically unsupported now...

I wrote this sometimes back, before IOS 11 ... https://jexphotography.wordpress.com/2017/06/09/ipad-pro-workflow/

(a bug in IOS 11 with importing more than 150 images of an SD card means I have slightly different views now, but I love the platform of the IPADPro, if only apple could solve the bug).

Edited by Julie Edwards
Added link & clarification of iPad size
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

That's the problem with these Mickey Mouse units -- no RAW, no storage, no CC, no nothin' -- small, inexpensive, yes.  But useless, if you're trying to do a pro workflow for stock photography. A MacBook Pro 13" makes a lot more sense. 

A commonly held but incorrect view.... (sorry)...

Lightroom mobile:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/adobe-lightroom-cc-for-ipad/id804177739?mt=8 

Edited by Julie Edwards
Added LR Link
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Excuse me for the typo.  RAW is meant to be supported but not tried it yet as only got it on Friday. Don’t see why you should dismiss it as Mickey Mouse. It’s meant to be for on the go and with the 2??gb of storage( sorry I can’t be more accurate on that one but I’d hate to get it wrong again) I’ll be fine till I get home to my iMac. 

1 hour ago, Julie Edwards said:

I use a 12.9in iPADPro.

Edit JPGs and RAWs using Lightroom Mobile (Basic Caption only), can save the RAW’s to your camera roll so then you can use what you list.

I use PicturePro Apps to caption & upload via FTP but it’s basically unsupported now...

I wrote this sometimes back, before IOS 11 ... https://jexphotography.wordpress.com/2017/06/09/ipad-pro-workflow/

(a bug in IOS 11 with importing more than 150 images of an SD card means I have slightly different views now, but I love the platform of the IPADPro, if only apple could solve the bug).

Thanks Julie.  That’s useful.  Nice to see you were so accurate with you model of iPad!  I have the same. I tend to do smaller uploads so won’t be bothered with that bug.  I must say it’s a beautiful thing and the image quality is tremendous.  I also got the keyboard which I love.  The only thing I haven’t worked out is cataloging uploads but maybe I’ll just use a different album for each. 

7 hours ago, ACC said:

I’ve only got an iPad pro, no pc or laptop. Upload to Alamy is easy just log in.  I use the standard Photos app for cropping, colour/ light adjustment and MetaGear for tagging. I suspect both Photos App and MetaGear are limited so I’m very interested on others’ comments on this thread.

Thanks for the meta gear info.  I’ll check it out.

Julie, my views are often commonly healed and misguided. :wacko:

And Bridget: Mickey Mouse is a much loved cartoon character here in the States.  As a red-blooded Yank, I would only mention him with a positive voice. (I wonder if I'll get away with that pathetic rationalization?) :ph34r:

Edited by Ed Rooney
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

But can you do RAW files, Angela?

You can import and process .NEF files with either the built-in Photo app or third party apps. I have an old version of FilterStorm on my Original iPad that allows me to caption and ftp. 

None of the software I have installed supports CA removal, spotting, etc but maybe it's available with newer versions or Lightroom Mobile. My iPad also tends to downsize larger files when I export. 

3 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

And Bridget: Mickey Mouse is a much loved cartoon character here in the States.  As a red-blooded Yank, I would only mention him with a positive voice. (I wonder if I'll get away with that pathetic rationalization?) :ph34r:

Also well known in the UK.  Not sure when Mickey Mouse became derogatory -cheap, mass produced, pretending to be something it wasn’t ?  So no you don’t get away with it.  Wikipedia will probably know though.  Hey Siri!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bridget said:

Also well known in the UK.  Not sure when Mickey Mouse became derogatory -cheap, mass produced, pretending to be something it wasn’t ?  So no you don’t get away with it.  Wikipedia will probably know though.  Hey Siri!

Not sure but I thought it was because of the Mickey Mouse watches

I love to sit on the couch with my iPad, looking up various references when I watch movies. They're great for checking email and social media, watching Netflix and yes, you can even edit photos and upload, but they were never intended to replace computers for photo editing or storage. The largest model only has 512gb storage and, as far as I l know, there are limited back-up and storage options. Given the cost, I'd much rather spend a little more on a MacBook that runs real PhotoShip, Lightroom, and allows you to store photos on an external drive.

Edited by fotoDogue
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Ed - reading this morning i realise my comment may have come across rather aggressive. I was not meant that way. I hope everything is working out ok xxxxx

• Like 1

Talk about timing - today adobe released an update for Lightroom on IOS, adding Camera Profiles (For RAW images) and the geometric corrections... Its really well featured now - for developing images. Just need to use another app (or AIM) to caption and tag.

Hi Julie, I tried the old Lightroom on my mobile & it was a pain, however Adobe are aware of the issues and although there are still some issues between the phone, iPad & PC/MAC they have renamed it Lightroom CC

i attended this lecture at thePhotography Show at Birmingham NEC a couple of weeks ago, the full days seminars are on YouTube.

For the Lightroom CC info, you need to fast forward to 4hours exactly, useful for anyone else, as it does look better 

regards

Chris

3 hours ago, Julie Edwards said:

Talk about timing - today adobe released an update for Lightroom on IOS, adding Camera Profiles (For RAW images) and the geometric corrections... Its really well featured now - for developing images. Just need to use another app (or AIM) to caption and tag.

18 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

Hi Julie, I tried the old Lightroom on my mobile & it was a pain, however Adobe are aware of the issues and although there are still some issues between the phone, iPad & PC/MAC they have renamed it Lightroom CC

i attended this lecture at thePhotography Show at Birmingham NEC a couple of weeks ago, the full days seminars are on YouTube.

For the Lightroom CC info, you need to fast forward to 4hours exactly, useful for anyone else, as it does look better 

regards

Chris

Sorry Julie, that should have been a reply to you, but it always seems tp go wrong on my phone