Anyone Else Stuck in QC Today?

Mark . . . Allan, and Betty, I've received so much preferential treatment in this past week, I'm almost ready for more bad news (almost). The kindness and generosity of my fellow fotogs in the forum and Alamy has been totally astonishing.  Thanks to all and to Ian for pushing the button. 

We are having a nor-easter, the 4th this month, and this one looks as if it will be a record snowfall for March in New York. 

. . . and I passed QC!

Ed, I’ve been watching the news about the storm. You guys out east have been catching it.

We’ve passed the winter in this part of the country with not much more than a dusting of snow. Although the night we physically left Oklahoma City for the move, we had freezing rain, sleet and hail. Welcome to Wichita! I got to drive on an inch or two of ice to sign closing papers the next morning on 3 or 4 hours of sleep.

The weather’s been fine since, and I’m seeing a few blooms and a few trees beginning to show green leaves trying to poke out.

I've been away from stock for a month, now, and I need to carve out some time for it. That’s hard. 

Today was the day Heat and Air came to put a unit in the sunroom. Soon as they left, we moved Echo and Bogie out to their new digs. A bonified bird room. Yippee!

Betty

1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

Would you believe it's still snowing here in Brooklyn, and will be snowing all night. Again. Green buds in Kansas? Ahhh.

That's pretty rough. Cherry blossoms out here in Vancouver, a couple of weeks (at least) later than usual.

5 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Spring in Brooklyn in 2018:

M93287.jpg

Good to see that cover over Brooklyn bridge tower is still there, cost me £££ to have that arranged ;)

Nice saleable shot BTW

9 hours ago, Bryan said:

Good to see that cover over Brooklyn bridge tower is still there, cost me £££ to have that arranged ;)

Nice saleable shot BTW

Thanks from me and from our well-loved bridge for that, Bryan. You know I grew up in Brooklyn not far from here. Both the Manhattan Bridge (1909) and the Williamsburg (1897) are old by USA standards. 

Edo

Archived