Team Imageclick

Hi,

I was a little concerned to receive an email from a company calling themselves Team Imageclick today asking if I wanted to use them for Key wording and retouching services, they are based in India and the concerning part is they have my full name and an email address that I only use for Image stock libraries and do not share with any other companies.

I was just wondering if any other member had received such an email.

I didn't. Doesn't seem like anyone else did either.

The only solicitation I got this month was from Jeremy Ross <support@haoguzi.com> offering retouching.

Just more of the junk mail we have to live with these days.

You can start worrying when they also have all your bank details :P

On 12/13/2017 at 08:54, Andy G said:

Hi,

I was a little concerned to receive an email from a company calling themselves Team Imageclick today asking if I wanted to use them for Key wording and retouching services, they are based in India and the concerning part is they have my full name and an email address that I only use for Image stock libraries and do not share with any other companies.

I also received such an email.  I'm thinking they must have gotten my info from another stock agency or POD site.

On ‎13‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 16:54, Andy G said:

Hi,

Me too. Deleted immediately. I treat these with suspicion!! But, as you say, where does the detail come from.

Jim.

Thanks everyone for replying, I've had plenty of phishing emails on other email addresses, but this one was different too specific to my work and with info that could only come from my stock library accounts.

Andy.

On 13/12/2017 at 16:54, Andy G said:

Hi,

I did, and was similarly surprised. Deleted.

I also received this email and the only place I can think of that they got my name/email from is Alamy,  especially as it was addressed to Susan.  I don't deal with any other stock libraries or POD sites, I've only had this email address since the end of July, very few people know it and Alamy is one of the very few places where I'm known as Susan.

Sue

49 minutes ago, Sue Norwood said:

I also received this email and the only place I can think of that they got my name/email from is Alamy,  especially as it was addressed to Susan.  I don't deal with any other stock libraries or POD sites, I've only had this email address since the end of July, very few people know it and Alamy is one of the very few places where I'm known as Susan.

Sue

As you say, very few but not none.

I trust Alamy- for them to share email addresses in this way would be unlawful anyway. So I have to say it must have come from somewhere else.

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

As you say, very few but not none.

I trust Alamy- for them to share email addresses in this way would be unlawful anyway. So I have to say it must have come from somewhere else.

As far as I know the only people who know this particular email address are 2 family members, 1 friend and the company I have the email address with (1and1), none of whom know me Susan.  And Alamy, who do know me as Susan.  Weird.

Sue

I didn't receive the spam, but this thread made me curious. Looking at Google and Whois came up with:

www.imageclick.in

Registrant Contact
Name: Maharaj Koul
Street: 404, A-52, Chattarpur Enclave
Phase 2 New delhi
City: New Delhi
State: Delhi
Postal Code: 110070
Phone: +91.9718999006
Email: maharaj.koul@gmail.com

9 hours ago, Sue Norwood said:

As far as I know the only people who know this particular email address are 2 family members, 1 friend and the company I have the email address with (1and1), none of whom know me Susan.  And Alamy, who do know me as Susan.  Weird.

Sue

Maybe your name was harvested right here.

Archived