Has anyone else noticed an influx of Presentation licenses? I've had 5 so far this month, not entirely credible.

I am not opted out of PU, so I don't really understand why I'm getting those. Sorry if I'm cynical.

I'm also getting more and more low 'Website, social media, blogs excluding advertisement' type of license. Anyone else for these too?

On a positive note, I also got two good sales for marketing package this month.

Gen

Yes, two presentation sales last month and two more so far this month, which is a bit of a surge. They always look somewhat questionable to me. But who knows? I guess you can give a presentation on just about any topic under the sun. Mine are always $19.99.

Also have a social media license ($37) this month. Had a few of those last year, including one for over $100 ( other uses included as well).

Very interesting Wim, it made me look into my statistics for year 2017.

Distributors: x16 = 3.85%

Personal Use: x18 = 3.06%

Presentation: x9 = 2.35%

Website, app, Social Media, blog: x20 = 7.10%

Those percentages are calculated on my net income.

John and Bill, my Presentations range from $11 to $20.

Gen

28 minutes ago, gvallee said:

Very interesting Wim, it made me look into my statistics for year 2017.

Distributors: x16 = 3.85%

Personal Use: x18 = 3.06%

Presentation: x9 = 2.35%

Website, app, Social Media, blog: x20 = 7.10%

Those percentages are calculated on my net income.

My percentages are percentages of total sales in numbers - not $$.

Over the last months or so I'm getting worried about the amount of distributor sales. So I had a look at those too. And it turns out it's not the distributor sales I have to worry about: they're about even with last years. My sales on Alamy are falling. That's what should worry me much more.

Distributor sales in % of total sales in ##
2009 - 29%
2010 - 28%
2011 - 20%
2012 - 16%
2013 - 12%
2014 - 19%
2015 - 25%
2016 - 25%
2017 - 29%

Last year 87 distributors in total; this year 80 so far.

I have no restrictions set and opted in in all schemes and other options.

wim

1 hour ago, wiskerke said:

My percentages are percentages of total sales in numbers - not $$.

I realised that. That's why I highlighted that mine were based on net income. Just another measure.

I'm very happy with my sales this year. In fact, just this morning I beat my best record ever for number of sales in a month. And we're only the 17th.

Nothing to shout about compared to some other contributors, but very happy.

Sales_bigthumb.jpg

Gen

I have noticed an increase in presentation sales since it was put at the top of the price list and was cheapest! Coincidence, I don't think so! I am fully opted out of PU. But even so my sales revenue has collapsed despite increased numbers.

Has Alamy become a Dollar/Pound store?

Yep, so-called 'presentations' is the new 'personal use'. Clients have twigged that they can get a full size image to do what they want with for peanuts. I opted out of 'personal use' with many others because 90% are absolutely no such thing, no matter what anyone says. I don't have a problem, per se, with a genuine 'presentation' use, provided the client gets a presentation size file, just big enough for Powerpoint or similar, not a full-size file. Luckily for me I can do without $10 sales, especially when the right fee for what they are used for is probably 10x that. 

Pete Davis

http://www.pete-davis-photography.com

http://peteslandscape.blogspot.co.uk

Archived