Validation?

Being awake since 4 a.m., who knows if my brain is working right. First day on Prednisone is a b***ch.

I’m excited to see measures working. Looking at my new zooms, I see I have two that start with A, one B, and a D. Folks, these are old images that I just finished reworking tags and captions on 7-10 days ago. 

It’s not that none of my long-in-tooth images never get zoomed, they do. But I don’t think I’ve ever had 4 oldies zoomed this close together. (Too many negatives, there? :D)

Maybe it’s a one-off, won’t happen again. Maybe it’s my jittery brain making too much of it. This cuppa coffee oughta help. Meanwhile, I think I’ll keep plugging away at those oldies.

Betty

good to hear Betty. I have just started to plod along through mine, before I start uploading again (after two and half year break). I had a good read of your Legacy images posting too and it has helped to clarify some things, so thank you

Onwards and upwards

21 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

My legacy images were never searched in the first place. I don't think re-tagging is going to change that.:(

Allan

Wait long enough and a robot will come along and do it for you.

At least that's what I'm counting on.

19 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Being awake since 4 a.m., who knows if my brain is working right. First day on Prednisone is a b***ch.

I’m excited to see measures working. Looking at my new zooms, I see I have two that start with A, one B, and a D. Folks, these are old images that I just finished reworking tags and captions on 7-10 days ago. 

It’s not that none of my long-in-tooth images never get zoomed, they do. But I don’t think I’ve ever had 4 oldies zoomed this close together. (Too many negatives, there? :D)

Maybe it’s a one-off, won’t happen again. Maybe it’s my jittery brain making too much of it. This cuppa coffee oughta help. Meanwhile, I think I’ll keep plugging away at those oldies.

Betty

Betty, I have tentatively started re-tagging from the beginning of my submissions and an A from Dec 2006 has recently been zoomed. This hasn't happened before in over 10 years for this one and I'm starting it to think it may well be worth the effort. When I look at my original 'keywording' it was awful and I don't wonder it was never zoomed before. I'm now trying to fit in those odd coffee break times by doing just a few at a time.......we'll see what happens. Could be worth it!

Jim :) 

8 hours ago, Broad Norfolk said:

Betty, I have tentatively started re-tagging from the beginning of my submissions and an A from Dec 2006 has recently been zoomed. This hasn't happened before in over 10 years for this one and I'm starting it to think it may well be worth the effort. When I look at my original 'keywording' it was awful and I don't wonder it was never zoomed before. I'm now trying to fit in those odd coffee break times by doing just a few at a time.......we'll see what happens. Could be worth it!

Jim :) 

I agree, Jim. I would think that a lot of us didn’t keyword well at the start. It’s not as simple as one might think, with lots of nuance and I am still soaking up tips from the forum. It wasn’t just the keywords, but I had some bad captions.

And me, too, on a couple of images never zoomed in 10 years miraculously being zoomed right after reworking them.

Thats the kick in the pants that urges me to keep on keeping on.

Betty

I continue to chip away at my old images in a willy-nilly fashion, usually in small sets by subject or location rather than by upload date. I find that I don't get as bored doing the reworking this way. I don't have any miraculous zooms or sales to report yet. However, cleaning things up can be satisfying in itself, plus I can't see how it can hurt matters. How's that for philosophical validation? 

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

I continue to chip away at my old images in a willy-nilly fashion, usually in small sets by subject or location rather than by upload date. I find that I don't get as bored doing the reworking this way. I don't have any miraculous zooms or sales to report yet. However, cleaning things up can be satisfying in itself, plus I can't see how it can hurt matters. How's that for philosophical validation? 

:D That’s good, John. Just remember if you eventually get down to only the boring ones that are left, you might lose interest. I hate doing the boring ones, but it’s easier if they’re mixed in.

17 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

:D That’s good, John. Just remember if you eventually get down to only the boring ones that are left, you might lose interest. I hate doing the boring ones, but it’s easier if they’re mixed in.

... and, unfortunately, more often that not it's the boring ones that license.

Archived