Show the latest image that you sold on Alamy in September. (1 per day)

On 28/09/2017 at 08:12, York Photographer said:

Kentucky fried chicken colonel sanders southern restaurant fast junk food bargain bucket kfc outlet pepsico pepsi - Stock Image

Just appeared as a sale from August in the Guardian, which is interesting as I'm opted out of the newspaper scheme!

Posted by Rob Cook

Newspapers also licence images outside of the scheme....which means you will probably have got a slightly higher fee! We are not in the scheme either and our last sale was to the Daily Mail.

56 minutes ago, Thyrsis said:

Newspapers also licence images outside of the scheme....which means you will probably have got a slightly higher fee! We are not in the scheme either and our last sale was to the Daily Mail.

Unfortunately not, $ 6.47, MS on the case. last one in the Guardian was $18

posted by Rob Cook

Sale popped in today (Saturday) - I presume that this is from The Sun newspaper in August (weather news, North York Moors) as I'd found it via Google image search on their website but it had been unreported until today so I'd been waiting for the usual 4-months to report, no need now of course. Usage - EditorialEditorial website, One use in a single editorial article used within the paper version of a single publication.

north-york-moors-north-yorkshire-uk-3rd-

8 hours ago, JeffGreenberg said:

Set up GoFundMe site?

I've never done, but have contributed...

GFM seems to take 5%, but...

Lots of small anonymous donations may be made

if description of issue with link to evidence is offered.

Thanks Jeff. The Red Cross already have a GoFundMe, and other well known charities in Bali are collecting. All are distributing necessities. The President visited Bali and some camps a few days ago and upped relief funding to the equivalent of more than $US300 million. Things are slowly falling into place, but with over 120,000 now in camps and goodness knows how many staying with family members - and these are not counted or getting money or supplies. As of yesterday the volcano has not yet erupted, but is developing fissures with steam and also is very hot and changing shape. It will be a total disaster if Mt Agung does erupt.

On 9/30/2017 at 10:43, York Photographer said:

Unfortunately not, $ 6.47, MS on the case. last one in the Guardian was $18

posted by Rob Cook

Just had this from MS regarding the $6.47 Guardian use. I have been opted out of the Press Scheme for 6 months and they had not previously used this image before that

Hi Rob

We have heard back from our billing team and the customer had downloaded the image before you opted out of the scheme in April this year.

As this license corresponds to the initial download, we will have to honour the newspaper scheme rates and not the out of pool rates.

Thanks,

Very disappointing, It would seem to make no difference if you withdraw from the Press Scheme, they'll get charged the same price as if you were in!  

8 minutes ago, losdemas said:

^ I wonder how many papers in the scheme are allowed to download 'on spec' without charge, then sit on that pool - forever? 

If the price is set at the point of download, why do we get today's price when we tell MS about unreported uses from years ago. On that basis we should get the price they should have paid back then, and not the vastly reduced fees, they pay now.

Posted by Rob Cook

9 minutes ago, York Photographer said:

If the price is set at the point of download, why do we get today's price when we tell MS about unreported uses from years ago. On that basis we should get the price they should have paid back then, and not the vastly reduced fees, they pay now.

Posted by Rob Cook

That's different. It's legit to complain about a long- forgotten download being charged at today's price. But in your case, they downloaded on the basis of the pool price so they can't be asked for the higher amount just because you've subsequently opted out- they had no control over that.

10 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

That's different. It's legit to complain about a long- forgotten download being charged at today's price. But in your case, they downloaded on the basis of the pool price so they can't be asked for the higher amount just because you've subsequently opted out- they had no control over that.

Makes me wonder how many they have downloaded on the off chance, they'll use them in the future.

I would understand if the picture was used within a few days of opting out, but it was 6 months later for a topical current affairs story.

Once again Alamy seems reluctant to hold Newspapers to account for what they have used. That was the reason I opted out 6 months ago!

Archived