Does the Alamy read image metadata and apply them after upload?

Hello everyone :) I am new here (Passed QC about a week ago). I have prepared more images, but I'd like to make keywording as easy as possible. I have keyworded some of my images in Lightroom and would like to know if Alamy reads image metadata, that I see in LR (keywords, title, description) and will apply them after upload? 

Michael

Hi Michael.

Yes, any keywording you do in LR will be carried with your images.  I do all my keywording in Bridge before hand, makes it easier, especially if later I want to upload the images elsewhere.  Saves me having to keyword again.

Jill

Only the information from the IPTC 'Keywords', 'Description' and 'Date Taken' fields are imported by Alamy - your caption should be entered into the 'Description' field.  The IPTC 'Title' and 'Caption' fields won't be imported.

The only exception to this is for Live News where the 'Headline' field is also used.

Edit -

Martin - the FAQs still say only the Caption, Keywords, and Date Taken are imported.

http://www.alamy.com/contributor/faqs/captioning-and-keywording/?section=5

They don't make it clear on that page that the caption should be in the IPTC 'Description' field, though they do on the Live News page -

http://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-news-images/captions-headlines-dates-live-news-images/?section=3

Thanks a lot! I did my last keywording in LR, but I am not sure if Alamy Image Manager isn't more user-friendly for me. I will have to try Bridge. 

BTW - is there a way to sort keywords alphabetically?

6 hours ago, dr_Fell said:

Thanks a lot! I did my last keywording in LR, but I am not sure if Alamy Image Manager isn't more user-friendly for me. I will have to try Bridge. 

BTW - is there a way to sort keywords alphabetically?

I don't use LR, but I think if you do your keywording in lightroom, they end up alphabetically in AIM.

Jill

37 minutes ago, Jill Morgan said:

I don't use LR, but I think if you do your keywording in lightroom, they end up alphabetically in AIM.

Jill

Certainly, that's how it works from Bridge. I'd have wished for the supertags to be listed first, given a choice.

Sorry, from Bridge they arrive in AIM in the order you tagged in Bridge, but they show on the file page in alphabetical order. I'd have thought it was preferable for the supertags to show first, then the no-so-super-tags.

Just now, Cryptoprocta said:

Certainly, that's how it works from Bridge. I'd have wished for the supertags to be listed first, given a choice.

I use Bridge, and when I upload to AIM, my keywords show up in the order I put them in Bridge, they aren't alphabetized. 

Jill

Just now, Jill Morgan said:

I use Bridge, and when I upload to AIM, my keywords show up in the order I put them in Bridge, they aren't alphabetized. 

Jill

Wow, Jill, you're quick!! As soon as I posted, I realised I was wrong and edited my post, but you beat me to it.

BTW, I still have huge difficulty hitting the correct pixel in the stars. I'm wasting far too much time on that.

1 minute ago, Cryptoprocta said:

Wow, Jill, you're quick!! As soon as I posted, I realised I was wrong and edited my post, but you beat me to it.

BTW, I still have huge difficulty hitting the correct pixel in the stars. I'm wasting far too much time on that.

It's this notification thing the forum has now, makes us all quick on the keys.  I don't have too much problem with the stars, but I do find by zooming in the browser page, it's easier to click them without missing.

Jill

8 minutes ago, Jill Morgan said:

It's this notification thing the forum has now, makes us all quick on the keys.  I don't have too much problem with the stars, but I do find by zooming in the browser page, it's easier to click them without missing.

Jill

Thanks for that. I'll try that with my next upload!

Thanks again :)

I don't remember if my keywords were sorted after upload, but probably it is the same with LR as with Bridge (so not sorted). I tweak them heavily after upload so they are definitly not sorted now. Sorting option would be useful - It would be easier to find  missing  tags. 

Archived