How to show all images for sale

Hi

New to Alamy, I would like to place a link on my website which takes my visitors straight to page on Alamy showing them all my photos for sale.

I tried the "My Alamy Homepage" link but that only gives my visitors a search engine and doesnt display any images.

I know I can use my profile and click on the number of photos I have and it does display all my images but then my visitors can use the search engine and find other peoples photos, not just mine.

Is there any way I can display all my photos (not just a search engine) but in an exclusive area?

Use the link you get by clicking on your number of images under your avatar in the forum.

Of course, the link should be named properly - and you may even make the link shorter in Tinyurl.com or any other of these programs, but it isn't necessary.

You can also make lightboxes and a link to them from your site or as a supplement add the search function for your own images on/at Alamy.

Here you go.

wim

Didn't know that one - very useful, thanks

As I said: AoA is your friend.

Where those links come from? No idea, but they turn up in rolling month searches quite often. It must be a link somewhere on Alamy. However the links from New Images categories from the front page look different.

wim

If they click on the blue "Images by..." they do get your images. One hopes people recognize it as a link.

Thanks to all who responded with tips and help.

@NYCAT - Thanks, I didnt even realise you could click on that link, so doubt my visitors would. However if I click on that link and use that URL, that is what I was looking for, a page that shows all MY images and a search engine that only searches MY images, not the whole of Alamy.

I do find the thumbnails a bit small though, but thanks, thats what I was after.

It is useful for people to be able to search just your images. It hasn't ever been updated, I think, and most of us are unhappy about the size of thumbnails and number of images to a page. So it is not as helpful in some ways for a search but very helpful to have it limit searches. I also didn't recognize that was a link at first so you are not alone.

Paulette

It is useful for people to be able to search just your images. It hasn't ever been updated, I think, and most of us are unhappy about the size of thumbnails and number of images to a page. So it is not as helpful in some ways for a search but very helpful to have it limit searches. I also didn't recognize that was a link at first so you are not alone.

Paulette

Good tip, thanks Paulette.

Does anyone know how to alter the URL to make it more useable?

Paulette

Good tip, thanks Paulette.

Does anyone know how to alter the URL to make it more useable?

Does https://goo.gl/ (Google URL Shortener) help?

Aaahh the problem with Wim and Matt's options though is when the visitor clicks on the image, they get a whole stack of similar photos from other togs below your image to tempt the user, so its not exclusive which sucks.

I guess we cant have it all.

Aaahh the problem with Wim and Matt's options though is when the visitor clicks on the image, they get a whole stack of similar photos from other togs below your image to tempt the user, so its not exclusive which sucks.

No you don't.

And yes you can. Well just this time.

If you either use that clean link in your code or link to that page, it's only your pseudo that's showing.

wim

No you don't.

If you either use that clean link in your code or link to that page, it's only your pseudo that's showing.

wim

I think Chris's point though, is that as soon as someone clicks on and zooms one of the images, half way down the page, the user sees something like:

"More similar stock images of Rocky beach sunset"

<< Lots of other rock beach sunset images by lots of other contributors >>

And this can't be changed.

No you don't.

wim

I think Chris's point though, is that as soon as someone clicks on and zooms one of the images, half way down the page, the user sees something like:

"More similar stock images of Rocky beach sunset"

<< Lots of other rock beach sunset images by lots of other contributors >>

And this can't be changed.

Yes that is true for the zoom page.

However.

When you have very few images yourself that is actually something to be happy about.

Think of it: there are a lot more images of others where your image is hitching a ride from, then there are images of you with some free riders underneath.

OK now for the real solution, because there is one:

As Niels said, you can make one or more lightboxes. And hey presto, when you zoom from a lightbox, there are no free-riders anymore!

Here's the instruction, including a vlogpost.

wim

EDIT: STRIKE all that.

It's not true anymore. If you now zoom from a lightbox, just like with a normal zoom page, the client does get hitchhikers underneath.

Only when you're logged in, you do not see them.

My guess is that a client who's logged in does get to see them though.

It may have been like that for years, I just had never checked.

Here's a lightbox of mine to test.

I'm really sorry. No solution after all.

wim

OK next solution. Which is the first solution, but with a twist.

If you click on the link to make your own homepage, the result will be something like this:

Now if you click on the link above the search box, that will probably in your case read:

Images by Chris Twine, you get to page 1 of the results.

I have to admit that it will only show 15 images at a time.

www.alamy.com/stock-photography/ABCDEFGH-IJKL-MNOP-QRST-UVWXYZ123456/Chris+Twine.html

If you link to that page from your homepage, people will get no other images than your own.

Not even when they click on an image to zoom it. (Which is really nice, let's hope it will stay this way. - No I do not use it myself.)

The link will be like the one before, but now with /1/ in it:

www.alamy.com/stock-photography/ABCDEFGH-IJKL-MNOP-QRST-UVWXYZ123456/1/Chris+Twine.html

hth wim

edit: I have removed http etc from the links because the forum software immediately made functioning links out of them, which it 1st shortened so it was not understandable and 2nd did not function. Because it was just an example with nonsense code.

Facepalm.

Archived