How to allow search only on full phrase?

Can anyone advise how to allow only the full phrase in a search? I tried enclosing in quotes, but the Image manager ignores this.

I have a steam locomotive image with a nameplate from a company, Beyer Peacock, but it's popping up in searches for "peacock" - which isn't really accurate.

It isn't possible. Alamy have stated that buyers looking for "rhinoceros beetle" will get 'beetle' as well.

Total non-sense and a pity.

Gen

Brighton Beach Bikes...

swings and roundabouts..

by blocking that search for "brighton beach" (which you dont want), you'd also be blocking seaches for "brighton bikes" (which you do want)

live with it and move on

km

I have many photos of my home province of British Columbia  and it would be helpful if those keywords didn't cause my images to keep popping up in searches for British __________________ ( and often for Columbia _________ as well).  I had hoped that putting them together in one tag would help.

I have many photos of my home province of British Columbia  and it would be helpful if those keywords didn't cause my images to keep popping up in searches for British __________________ ( and often for Columbia _________ as well).  I had hoped that putting them together in one tag would help.

It will. They will rank higher in searches on the phrase that in those for the individual words.

I also find this maddening - seeing views for searches that never should have brought up the picture.

But - there is a BIG but...

Alamy see two sides of this and must spend as much time on developing what the buyers want, if not more, than on what we want.

And yes maybe some sales for all of us come from the serendipity of a picture the researcher never would have thought to search for being thrown into the mix?

I get the impression from the views / zooms ratio that the average picture researcher is quite happy to wade through acres of thumbnails - probably see it as their job.

So from now on when I have a colour as a tag I will make it a supertag unless other items get supertags to 10 anyway...

John Crellin

I checked an image of mine. When I enclosed in quotes "red wasp" I got one page of results. When I searched without, I think there were 20 pages or so. Many of yellow/black wasps on a red flower. Any wasp, with something red in the picture.

I have red wasp as a phrase.

It does seem quotes narrows the search down.

Betty

Archived