Do Affect the sales ranking CTR?

I'm guessing you mean the ranking? That hasn't changed since February 2016. Alamy used to say it changed around every 100 days based on the previous 300 days data (sales and zooms and maybe other things we aren't aware of) but that hasn't happened for a long time.

Also with the latest changes, it isn't clear what difference, if any, ranking has. Maybe it has changed recently but there's no way to know as the searches are so inconsistent. Any rule there once was may or may not still be the case.

Geoff.

Geoff, thank you! But I'm here all the time reading about what the rating, that is, if it is reduced, then my work go down to the last pages of search queries. Then why, in principle, endeavor to have it in principle raised? I think that if the buyer is looking for, it will not be lazy browse more pages in the search.

You're welcome. The system used to work very well, in my opinion anyway, and as new contributors started at a median rank (which seemed to actually be quite high compared to the majority), then with accurate keywording and high quality images the rank would soon increase and your images would then appear higher up, and have more chance to sell, after which your rank would increase even more. That's the theory anyway and it seemed to work well.

With the new search engine, things are different but I don't know what's really happening. I won't get into a rant about it here as it's been discussed in several other threads, but I'll just say here that rank doesn't seem to mean what it used to. That may change, but none of us yet know what will happen in the next few weeks and months.

I hope I have understood your question and helped at least a little.  :)

Geoff.

Yes it is clear! I'm new here and many still want to understand and use correctly.

The one thing Alamy has never listed is our individual rank. We can look at our CTR and views. But many factors are considered in arriving at your rank, including sales.

The only thing we can do to get an idea is to make a search of our individual images to see where they land in the search. First page or first few? Good to pretty good rank. But we have many images, and they are scattered through the pages. A lot of mine are on the first page, but some I cannot find because I lose interest after 10 pages.

And if you have more than one pseudo, each pseudo will have its own rank. Looking at your Dashboard and list of pseudos will give you clues to which pseudo has the highest rank. It will be the one consistently having the highest CTR and views, then borne out by doing searches of images in that pseudo and seeing what page they are on.

When doing a search of one of your images, use a simple search term. "female bodybuilder " rather than "Female bodybuilder lifting weights Russia"

If you look at All of Alamy, the searches consist of one or two words for the most part.

I really don't think sales affect where an image appears in the search. Example: I have 33 very varied images of a natural history subject and there are a total of 226 on Alamy. My images appear 1st, 3rd & 5th then another 9 scattered on the first page (100 images.) The rest are scattered all over page 2. One image is at position 182 - it sold a few months ago for $US 600, yet is is the second last of my images of this subject.

I really don't think sales affect where an image appears in the search. Example: I have 33 very varied images of a natural history subject and there are a total of 226 on Alamy. My images appear 1st, 3rd & 5th then another 9 scattered on the first page (100 images.) The rest are scattered all over page 2. One image is at position 182 - it sold a few months ago for $US 600, yet is is the second last of my images of this subject.

I didn't mean that a sold image would be placed higher. Only that if your pseudo makes enough sales, that would factor in your rank.

Interesting that others said you start with a median rank but one sale can actually drop your rank. I never knew that. But I assume as you make more, your rank creeps back up somewhat when a rerank happens.

I'm still soaking all this up.

I suspect that sales do affect your ranking, but this is not necessarily related to a particular image.

This has lead me to delete, or re-keyword, some weaker shots as they were perversely appearing in preference to the known sellers. Maybe there is a random number generator employed which establishes which of your shots appear higher in the pecking order, the idea being that it shows the customer a changing range of headline images to choose from, rather than a fixed selection?

I guess that the system is trying to display the variety of your work, and it is up to the photographer to ensure that all of the relevant images are of an appropriate standard. I probably need to sharpen my editing knife.....

I didn't mean that a sold image would be placed higher. Only that if your pseudo makes enough sales, that would factor in your rank.

Interesting that others said you start with a median rank but one sale can actually drop your rank. I never knew that. But I assume as you make more, your rank creeps back up somewhat when a rerank happens.

I agree Betty, and my rank for that pseudo is obviously good given position of images. Another subject with 1370 images, my two come up at number 8 and number 27. I'm just saddened that it seems that the obviously better/more popular images are being relegated to the back of the pack. A further example, is a subject with 87 images, 7 of them mine. I have position number 1 and the others scattered right through. My last image, at position number 72, has been licenced 6 times by Alamy. So it really seems that while CTR & sales effect ranking, even a good ranking doesn't necessarily get good and popular images in good positions on the page.

I definitely saw my rank drop a lot after my first sale and I have been able to move back up. Last year was the first time I have felt confident of making regular sales and I'm afraid the new search engine is going to put an end to that. Wildlife is very, very hard. Maybe I can get excited about doing other subjects. I don't know. It has pretty much been all about the trips and the animals for me.

Paulette

CTR is not ranking.

CTR stands for “Click Through Rate” which is the number of zooms divided by the number of views, multiplied by 100.

(Alamy on your Pseudonym Summary page)

wim

CTR is not ranking.

CTR stands for “Click Through Rate” which is the number of zooms divided by the number of views, multiplied by 100.

wim

Now more clear why the numbers are in place in the sale as well as the sale came without any zoom.

CTR is not ranking.

wim

Now more clear why the numbers are in place in the sale as well as the sale came without any zoom.

Ahhh yes!

To encourage you more: sales do have an effect on your rank.

More sales is better for rank than a high CTR.

CTR is an important number because it tells you if clients are interested in your pictures.

On your Pseudonym Summary page you can find the average CTR for the whole of Alamy:

- Average CTR on Alamy for last month     :     0.57

In general, you want to stay around that number or higher.

If your number is much lower it can mean all other pictures around your pictures in a search are better.

But it can also mean that your picture is not what the client is looking for. Usually because the keywords are wrong.

wim

CTR не рейтинг.

CTR означает "Click Through Rate", который является количество зумов, разделенное на количество просмотров, умноженное на 100.

(Alamy на вашей странице Сводка Pseudonym)

Wim

Теперь более понятно, почему эти цифры в месте продажи, а также продажи пришли без какого-либо увеличения.

Аааа да!

Чтобы поощрить вас больше: продажи имеют влияние на вашего ранга.

Больше продаж лучше ранга, чем высокий CTR.

CTR является важным числом, потому что он говорит вам, если клиенты заинтересованы в ваших фотографий.

На странице Сводка Pseudonym вы можете найти средний CTR для всей ALAMY:

- Средний CTR на Alamy за последний месяц: 0.57

В общем, вы хотите остаться вокруг этого числа или выше.

Если ваш номер значительно ниже, это может означать все другие картины вокруг ваших фотографий в поиске лучше.

Но это также может означать, что ваша картина не то, что клиент ищет. Как правило, потому что ключевые слова неверны.

Wim

I'm only 0.11.
In the beginning was 0.09
Nevertheless, it would be desirable to have a sale, not only these values.

What is the highest ctr on here? mine is 0.89 but i have no idea if this is good or not!

On MyDashboard page, it states the average CTR on Alamy last month was 0.57, so that's above average.

Maria

What is the highest ctr on here? mine is 0.89 but i have no idea if this is good or not!

100 per image is the perfect score, which you may frequently see when you have no or very few images of the same subject.

Some weeks ago I briefly had a CTR of 100 for one pseudo: a test pseudo with 1 image in it that was viewed and zoomed once on day one.

That does get one's average to go through the roof. My total CTR is 0.89 - not too bad. But my average CTR is 8.28.

People with very simple subjects; few keywords and few images per subject will tend to have very high CTR. If their images are any good, that is. No competition helps too.

My port is not like that. ;-)

wim

100 per image is the perfect score, which you may frequently see when you have no or very few images of the same subject.

Some weeks ago I briefly had a CTR of 100 for one pseudo: a test pseudo with 1 image in it that was viewed and zoomed once on day one.

That does get one's average to go through the roof. My total CTR is 0.89 - not too bad. But my average CTR is 8.28.

People with very simple subjects; few keywords and few images per subject will tend to have very high CTR. If their images are any good, that is. No competition helps too.

My port is not like that. ;-)

wim

+1 Wim

Archived