Hello from the Cayman Islands!

AntonyS

Hi there, I joined Alamy over a year ago and uploaded about 10 images but never got more involved than that until today :-) Any advice to someone starting out with online stock photos would be much appreciated...my only aim is for non friend's and family to see my photos and maybe make a buck or two down the line.

Antony

Hi there, I joined Alamy over a year ago and uploaded about 10 images but never got more involved than that until today :-) Any advice to someone starting out with online stock photos would be much appreciated...my only aim is for non friend's and family to see my photos and maybe make a buck or two down the line.

Antony

Welcome

My advice:

- to reach your goal of showing photos to "non friends and family" you're probably better off with services like Flickr, where you can show off your best pictures and get upvotes/likes and comments.

- to make a buck or two, upload pictures with commercial value, many of them, several hundred at least, and keyword them carefully.

Christoph

I really like your images. You need to add the scientific names of your animals. Nice animals! I probably shouldn't help you compete with me. I hope you had fun on the safaris.

Paulette

Another tip:

Don't just say pretty wildflower, you need to identify the wildflower with common and scientific name. Sometimes you can Google or use Wikipedia for scientific names.

For instance, Ireland wildflowers,

Oklahoma USA wildflowers

Try to be specific to areas of counties if possible.

Good luck.

Archived