Vintage vehicles RM or RF ?

You should have it as RM because even though you are the owner of the vehicle, the real issue of property release would be the manufacture of the vehicle. i.e. Ford, GM, etc that would be the real issue of having it released.

You own the vehicle, but the manufacturer may own the IP incorporated in it, e.g. registered design and copyright in the bonnet badge. If the manufacturer is defunct you may be in the clear listing it as RF, assuming the brand has not been sold on.

Thank you so much for your help, I will take the photos with a mind not to include Ford trademarks, not that they are going to be great sellers, but you never know who may want a photo of a rusty old tractor of that particular era. It is nearly sixty years old and still working though :) 

Thanks spacecadet, think I will take a couple of photos for RM and RF, normally wouldn't worry as you have mentioned there are quite a few Fordson images, ours is a Fordson power major, only one page of that particular model, so maybe worth including.

Thanks spacecadet, think I will take a couple of photos for RM and RF, normally wouldn't worry as you have mentioned there are quite a few Fordson images, ours is a Fordson power major, only one page of that particular model, so maybe worth including.

Definitely worth including if you can show the tractor working on the farm rather than a static display.

I think searches for  'tractor' buyers usually want a modern one ! most of our machinery is all old, not farmers here, keep horses and make our own hay. The tractor itself isn't restored, so maybe not of interest to tractor enthusiasts. I will take some photos when it is being used but wont make it a priority. Really appreciate every ones help, thank you.

Sharon

I think searches for  'tractor' buyers usually want a modern one ! most of our machinery is all old, not farmers here, keep horses and make our own hay. The tractor itself isn't restored, so maybe not of interest to tractor enthusiasts. I will take some photos when it is being used but wont make it a priority. Really appreciate every ones help, thank you.

Sharon

You would be surprised what tractor enthusiasts will buy to do up. the older the better. All my images of tractors are from rallies/shows and are mostly old/antique/vintage.

There are magazines dedicated to tractor enthusiasts.

Allan

You would be surprised what tractor enthusiasts will buy to do up. the older the better.

Allan

Not just enthusiasts.

Older tractors are in demand by dealers too. A couple of years ago a farm I was at, I was collecting a Massey Fergusson tractor, that the farmer's father had bought brand new in 1971.

Sold to a dealer in Wiltshire for £3700. They do 'em up and export to Africa, where basic easy-to-fix mechanical/electrical machines are in demand. Not the hi-tech computerised stuff of today.

Phil

edit.... the tractor concerned was a pile of rust and s*%t in the shape of a tractor. But was a runner !

Archived