• Simon Evans EC6PKR
    • LSP CET1PT
    • gvallee ARYWJM
    • Michael Ventura B1CJXW
    • ColdCoffee EJ6H56
    • Kumar ATD3A0
    • NYCat D7KP67
    • Inchiquin DB7EYC

Thank you very much for including one of mine! Great images! My favorite is the geeze .. Just amazing!

Thank you Cold Coffee. I had voted for your image before you wrote this! I love yours.

Wow, I'm honored that my image is among such good company! That image is a prime example of why you should try to carry a camera with you at every opportunity.It was an opportunistic shot taken whilst walking to catch a train, using the guard rail of the bridge to rest the camera on due to the lack of a tripod.

Great opportunistic shot. I wanted to include a night shot and there were a few very good candidates, including another one of yours which made choosing difficult again. I liked the colours in this one and the full moon sets it off - again an image that would be better seen large to appreciate it fully.

Certainly didn't envy you the task of choosing the short list Michael, some great images, a very difficult job. That said, I think you chose very wisely with a great eye.

Anyway, done my voting, look forward to seeing the result!

:)

Certainly didn't envy you the task of choosing the short list Michael, some great images, a very difficult job. That said, I think you chose very wisely with a great eye.

Anyway, done my voting, look forward to seeing the result!

:)

Thanks for the encouragment TeeCee.

You're lucky you could pick 8 - narrowing it down to one was really tricky - beautiful work! 

Indeed it was very difficult. I could have easily added another 10 including yours of the lighthouse.

Thanks! Love all your choices on this one and the subject of the contest. 

Voting closes at midnight tonight GMT and it's neck and neck between ColdCoffee and gvallee, separated by one vote only . I don't know what happens if we get a tie - I don't know if it's ever happened.

Voting closes at midnight tonight GMT and it's neck and neck between ColdCoffee and gvallee, separated by one vote only . I don't know what happens if we get a tie - I don't know if it's ever happened.

Pistols at 30 paces?

:D

I guess you'll have the casting vote. Like Len Goodman.

Never heard of him. Had to google him - wrong sport for me :).

Pistols at 30 paces?

Happy to arrange that but gvallee is in Australia and I think ColdCoffee is in the USA so a bit more than 30 paces I think.

Never heard of him. Had to google him - wrong sport for me :).

As soon as I pressed 'Add Reply' I realised that most people wouldn't have a clue who he was. Sorry.

Pistols at 30 paces?

Happy to arrange that but gvallee is in Australia and I think ColdCoffee is in the USA so a bit more than 30 paces I think.

Hmm,  the quintessential long shot then...

If it's a tie, I'm happy to let Cold Coffee choose the next competition.

I'll be away at the end of November anyway, so it would be difficult for me to take care of a new one.

I'm very happy with the results anyway. Glad people liked my shot.

Gen

it's just moved and gvallee is in the lead. I was going to say that I could not bring myself to cast a deciding vote and was going to suggest a shootout between them - in other words another poll with only two choices. Maybe that won't be necessary - just over 10 mins to go.

Yeah! A big thank you to MDM for staying up late. You deserve a nightcap now!

The image was well worth getting up at dawn, cycling along the frozen river path. Ever tried fitting a tripod on a bike while also carrying the photo bag?

Interestingly enough, I have always been puzzled why the image turned out this colour. It's entirely natural, I didn't mess with colours in PS.

Has freezing temperatures something to do with it?

Anyway, I will announce the next competition soon. Thanks everyone!

No worries about staying up late - I  rarely get to be before 1AM although I am flagging as I walked a long way today with cameras and tripod. I really enjoyed the whole thing and I really  love the winning pic (as well as several others). In fact I enjoyed it so much I'm going to be inspired to try to win another competition at some point so I can do it again :)

Many congratulations Gen, lovely photo, and a worthy winner!

"It's entirely natural, I didn't mess with colours in PS.

Has freezing temperatures something to do with it?"

Hmmm, frozen pixels????

;)

Archived