Looking back at my sales of one year, at least 25%, maybe more, were images uploaded from 2007-2010.

So yeah, oldies sell. And my last sale made definitely one of my oldest, and frankly, not my best for sure. Some buyers must dig deep.

How about you who've been around a while?

Betty

I had a recent license of a scanned trannie taken 30 years ago and another one taken about 25 years ago, both uploaded around 2003.

My Photoshop skills then were nothing to shout about to say the least...

So I would say, yes, even if occasionally, they sell.

Gen

Yup, they do, but perhaps have longer dormancy periods ... keep surfacing from time to time ... but perhaps not as frequently as the later uploads (not the most recent ones though) !

Four sales so far this month:

1 film scan originally shot in 1993

1 film scan originally shot in 1994

1 film scan shot in 2001

1 digital image shot in 2016

Some of my best selling photos were shot on film, pre 2004

This is good to know. The reason I checked mine is that I had been lightly considering deleting some of the old ones. But my last sale of a 2007 image made me rethink that. Also two repeat sales of a different image from the same trip and zooms of others.

That day I was on the way home from a trip, saw the photo op and pulled over to grab a couple of quick shots against a very dull sky. Nothing I could do about shooting it under more favorable skies. I was on the road home. Nothing I was particularly proud of, but thought the subject matter had merit. Today I would develop it through Lightroom and make the sky look nicer. ;)

Funny, it sold for more $$ than any other of my June sales.

Archived