First QC Fail in 100 uploads- But I am happy

1085 online images in three months of my membership, 99 successful uploads, I had started getting disheartened  and wondering whether Alamy does have a QC?. I am now happy it has. I am writing this because I am contributing to two other websites also for last 3-4 years. In one my success rate is only 9 %, which they consider a good rating. The rejected images (rest 90 %) I submit to another website, where my success rate is 90 %, naturally I did not find it very good when my success rate was 100 % for more than 1000 uploaded images, but now that one image was rejected (and with it went down other 20 images and previous batch of pending 21 images, for no fault), I am happy that there is a QC on Alamy, although I will never reconcile to the idea of rejection whole pending lot/s. Can't Alamy think of changing this unjustified approach. 

I agree with the others and what's more, you should not be leaving it to Alamy to seek your failures. You're supposed to do that before uploading. Everyone makes mistakes now and then but 100% success rate is what you're aiming for.

Can't Alamy think of changing this unjustified approach. 

No. That's not how quality control works. Here or anywhere.

Alan

Sorry to contradict but if you are producing product for the military/government and submit a batch of your product and their inspectors find one item in the batch defective they reject the lot.

Allan

Alan

Sorry to contradict but if you are producing product for the military/government and submit a batch of your product and their inspectors find one item in the batch defective they reject the lot.

Allan

That's what Inch was pointing out.

Alan

Allan

That's what Inch was pointing out.

Appologies I misread Inch's comment.

Allan

Don't get me wrong, I want QC to be much more rigorous than it is presently in Alamy, where one failure after 500 or 1000 successful images is considered a negative thing. If the same batch of files gets only 10 % nod in one website and 100 % in the second one, there is nothing to feel good about second one. What I am finding strange about is rejecting the whole lot, and another pending lot in which not a single image is rejected. Why reject lots and not poor quality images only.   

Don't get me wrong, I want QC to be much more rigorous than it is presently in Alamy, where one failure after 500 or 1000 successful images is considered a negative thing. If the same batch of files gets only 10 % nod in one website and 100 % in the second one, there is nothing to feel good about second one. What I am finding strange about is rejecting the whole lot, and another pending lot in which not a single image is rejected. Why reject lots and not poor quality images only.   

It is in the terms that all awaiting images will fail in case of one failure.

Alamy is not an edited library - they do not select your best ones and stop accepting if there are many better images of the topic as long as the images measure up to the technical terms.

The solution is simple and has been mentioned countless times here. Don't submit whilst waiting for QC. The process is so quick that it's no hardship to wait.

Thanks Spacecadet, that is good lesson I have learnt.

It is in the terms that all awaiting images will fail in case of one failure.

Alamy is not an edited library - they do not select your best ones and stop accepting if there are many better images of the topic as long as the images measure up to the technical terms.

This is the point that the OP seems unable to grasp and which you said much better than I did.  :rolleyes:

What I am finding strange about is rejecting the whole lot, and another pending lot in which not a single image is rejected. Why reject lots and not poor quality images only.

To make sure that you check them thoroughly before you upload, not afterwards. It's your job to weed out failures, not Alamy's. If they just accepted the good ones, firstly they would have to check every single image, which they don't have time for, and secondly there would be no incentive for you to do your own quality control if you can just chuck everything in together and rely on Alamy to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Alan

As stated above, Alamy does not select by content of an image only by quality. Because of this you will inevitably have images accepted at Alamy that are rejected elsewhere. Also as Alamy only QC a selection of a submission it is quite possible that substandard images will be passed with a "good" image. This has always been the Alamy way and most contributors understand and accept this.

There is no alamy qc for content or saleability. Only for technical criteria. You yourself are the qc for content and saleability!100 uploads with no qc fails is good going but you should aim for zero fails.

Once you work out the reason for failure and correct it you can resubmit the batch. Good luck with the next 100 uploads!

Archived