How can I remove from the potfolio your file?

I think it's six months for it to be deleted by Alamy. However if you remove the keywords,  it won't appear online.  To your acquaintance it will appear as if deleted. Only yourself and Alamy will be able to see it.

It will take 6 months until a "deleted" image is actually removed from the database.

And how to remove faster?
Maybe I should write in support?
But in principle, I can post a photo without release in RM? Without an agreement with the person

The fastest way is to go into Manage Images and remove all of your keywords. This will take it offline until the six months arrives.

I think it's six months for it to be deleted by Alamy. However if you remove the keywords,  it won't appear online.  To your acquaintance it will appear as if deleted. Only yourself and Alamy will be able to see it.

Before clicking Delete, I deleted the description and keywords.
But I see, see that the key was gone, but the photo continues to hang.
Tried to get out of his account, the photo is displayed with all the data.
Can someone of you will try to open and view the file-Image ID: FRTC2P

Before clicking Delete, I deleted the description and keywords.
But I see, see that the key was gone, but the photo continues to hang.
Tried to get out of his account, the photo is displayed with all the data.
Can someone of you will try to open and view the file-Image ID: FRTC2P

It was good that you removed the description and keywords beforehands. Now you just need to wait for the next database update (usually once every 24h) to see the changes. Tomorrow by this time you will only find the picture by searching for the ID.

If 6 months is too long for you, then ask member services (support), as you suggested yourself already.

And regarding your other question: As far as I know you are allowed to use pictures of people without their consent for editorial (on Alamy editorial is always RM), but I suggest you don't do this. If a person is the main subject of your photo and they don't want you to use it, then you should honour it in general.

It will take 6 months until a "deleted" image is actually removed from the database.

But in principle, I can post a photo without release in RM? Without an agreement with the person

The fastest way is to go into Manage Images and remove all of your keywords. This will take it offline until the six months arrives.

In the sections Essential keywords, Caption data why not exiting, although I first removed and then only clicked Delete photo.?

And regarding your other question: As far as I know you are allowed to use pictures of people without their consent for editorial (on Alamy editorial is always RM), but I suggest you don't do this. If a person is the main subject of your photo and they don't want you to use it, then you should honour it in general.

I agree with you, because and want to delete because this person I know and askedto do it.

In the sections Essential keywords, Caption data why not exiting, although I first removed and then only clicked Delete photo.?

I would wait until tomorrow and see what happens when the database has updated.

As Wim suggests, send an email to Member Services asking for it to be immediately removed.

As Wim suggests, send an email to Member Services asking for it to be immediately removed.

at what address to write?

Do you mean the data isn't being deleted?

I've not done this for a while but I think it won't allow you to save any changes unless there is something in the essential field (and possibly the caption field, I'm not sure).  You need to have something there so just replace with xxxxx or something like that.

memberservices@alamy.com

Paulette

memberservices@alamy.com

For future reference the absolutely fastest way (next database update) as far as I know to get an image deleted is by;

1) Strip the image of all data (captions, keywords, description). Just leave a few random letters in the essential keyword field.

2) Move image(s) to a new gibberish pseudonym

3) Delete above gibberish pseudonym.

For future reference the absolutely fastest way (next database update) as far as I know to get an image deleted is by;

1) Strip the image of all data (captions, keywords, description). Just leave a few random letters in the essential keyword field.

Thank you! Will wait for an evening update, look.

3)

That would be nice, and used to work long time ago. Now it is impossible to delete a pseudo that's not empty.

I would create a pseudo deleted.

I have one and it's often the one with the best CTR.

wim

edit: CTR: meaning it still gets searched!

I suspect that the only sure fire way of ridding yourself of this problem is to do as Wim suggested and write to Member Services explaining in detail why it has to go. 

The problem with deleting keywords etc is that it will still be found in a reverse image search, and if the person concerned has got a copy of the photo, they may still be able to find it in the Alamy catalogue.

If it has been sold you may have a further problem in that it will out there in the ether and possibly findable for months/years to come. All that you can do in that instance is to re-assure the person that it has been withdrawn from sale.

How did he find his picture?

3)

That would be nice, and used to work long time ago. Now it is impossible to delete a pseudo that's not empty.

I would create a pseudo deleted.

I have one and it's often the one with the best CTR.

wim

edit: CTR: meaning it still gets searched!

I suspect that the only sure fire way of ridding yourself of this problem is to do as Wim suggested and write to Member Services explaining in detail why it has to go. 

The problem with deleting keywords etc is that it will still be found in a reverse image search, and if the person concerned has got a copy of the photo, they may still be able to find it in the Alamy catalogue.

If it has been sold you may have a further problem in that it will out there in the ether and possibly findable for months/years to come. All that you can do in that instance is to re-assure the person that it has been withdrawn from sale.

Both found the photo? -Most likely familiar saw my link on Facebook.
Today received a reply from the support that my request to delete the photo immediately handed over to a special Department, promised to get in touch with me.
Thanks To All!
(no wonder they say-21 live-21 study) I this is the first such case

Support decided to fast my question and photo deleted!

Not even expected, but now realized that my portfolio is in a safe Office! My account is still not updated, but the photo is not open already.

I hope that with such competent support, my work will see buyers and even buy something!

I thank everyone who helped deal with my question!

Sincerely, Gennady!

Archived