I'm a new author on ALAMY, once registered, cease all new upload photos on other sites!

Maybe it's a rash decision and I have to continue to download without realizing their prospects here, and if they basically!?

I beg to express their views and help decide.

Just on a quick look at your portfolio there are too many similars. This can drag your rating down so your images appear later in the listings when being viewed by potential buyers.

Did not look at keywording etc.

Allan

Just on a quick look at your portfolio there are too many similars. This can drag your rating down so your images appear later in the listings when being viewed by potential buyers.

Allan

Allan, what do you think about the continuation download to other sites? What similarity is there, so it's all true, then withdrawn from different points of the same object, then the animals with birds, these do resemble each other than that, the flight, thegoings-on.

On a slightly different note, some of the animals e.g. picture FGKMG9 look like they are in a zoo. If they are in a zoo then they are property of the zoo and either need a property release or shouldn't really be sold RF.

Matt! If we start guessing, the Zoo is on the photo, there is no obvious logos or other characteristics are defined, in this case generally not RF, all photos will be then. By the way if I miss this point somewhere, whether there is a possibility here to edit license type? As an example here, the box is its manufacturer are logos, form belongs to someone, well worth the  FJYC01

Thanks for the comment!

If you have made a mistake in your license type, the only way you can change it, if it hasn't already sold the way you've listed it, is to contact Member Services. Be sure in your email to them, to list the Alamy image numbers of the images you want license type changed.

Betty

I would echo what Allan said about your having too many similars. It's a good idea to upload only what you consider to be your best images.

If your images are doing well on other sites, why not keep uploading to them as well? Alamy is very competitive and there appear to be many new contributors coming here from microstock agencies, which is going to make it even more difficult to sell images.

Good luck.

Allan

Allan, what do you think about the continuation download to other sites? What similarity is there, so it's all true, then withdrawn from different points of the same object, then the animals with birds, these do resemble each other than that, the flight, thegoings-on.

Gennadii, if you take a look at page 6 of your images where you have model(s) in the snow I would say quite a few could be classed as similar.

As John says above select your best and remove the rest from Alamy. You could load those to another site if you wish. This action should increase your rating.

Alamy states no more than 5 similars be uploaded. I usually only upload three max and then there is usually quite a difference between them.

There are no similars between bird images and animal images, but there could be similars of the same bird or same animal. Variety is the spice of life.

Of course if you are of the opinion that the images all differ sufficiently then please leave them on Alamy.

Just trying to help.

Allan

Hi Gennadii,

I would advise you to get your keywords correct. At the moment it looks like you are copy and pasting from one image to another.

For example: FJ0JKJ

You have used the following keywords but none of them apply to the photo.

Black, College, Computer, Education, Four, Friends, Friendship, Men, Motion, Shoe, Smoke, Standing, Studio, Study, Tablet, University, Wind.

The important thing to understand is that these wrong keywords are actively penalised by Alamy's Search Engine. They don't just get ignored but actually make your images fall in page rankings. To realise how important this is, imagine you had a restaurant in a very busy city. Would you want your restaurants website on the first page of Google results or the twentieth?

Do a forum search on keywords or keywording. There is lots of excellent advice. 

Good luck  :) 

On a slightly different note, some of the animals e.g. picture FGKMG9 look like they are in a zoo. If they are in a zoo then they are property of the zoo and either need a property release or shouldn't really be sold RF.

Matt! If we start guessing, the Zoo is on the photo, there is no obvious logos or other characteristics are defined, in this case generally not RF, all photos will be then. By the way if I miss this point somewhere, whether there is a possibility here to edit license type? As an example here, the box is its manufacturer are logos, form belongs to someone, well worth the  FJYC01

Thanks for the comment!

Even if there are no logos or signs displayed the animal is still someones property. Therefore it must be Rights Managed.  Also, Zoo Keepers and Owners are very good at recognising their animals should they see your photo!

Edit: Matt beat me to it!

Betty LaRueJohn MitchellAllan BellArmstrong !!! 

Thank you all for your insightful comments! I agree, I still have a lot to work on images, particularly on key words, unfortunately do not know the language, and therefore experience difficulties.

Asked about uploading to other sites because of misunderstanding, here price at the image above, than at microstock and therefore did not understand whether correct if my images are the same potential buyer sees with different prices and whether or not it is, in principle, it is profitable to buy here.

Thanks for the help!

Thank you all for your insightful comments! I agree, I still have a lot to work on images, particularly on key words, unfortunately do not know the language, and therefore experience difficulties.
Asked about uploading to other sites because of misunderstanding, here price at the image above, than at microstock and therefore did not understand whether correct if my images are the same potential buyer sees with different prices and whether or not it is, in principle, it is profitable to buy here.
Thanks for the help!

You're welcome Gennadii,

If you need any help with keywords such as the English translation of a phrase or word in your native language then post it on the forum.  People will be happy to help  :)

Thanks for the help!

I think you should either sell them here or in a microstock, but dont have the same image in both because buyers might look for the cheapest one so you are competing against yourself.

I have 13000 in a micrstock website, still checking if Alamy is for me, I hope so.

Thanks for the help!

I think you should either sell them here or in a microstock, but dont have the same image in both because buyers might look for the cheapest one so you are competing against yourself.

I have 13000 in a micrstock website, still checking if Alamy is for me, I hope so.

I thought so too. Therefore, and asked the opinion of experienced authors here. Probably hard to do so. You can mix up that where downloaded over time.

I would not do this. From what I gather from stock forums you can go years on Alamy without making a sale; that you need time and thousands of images to build your place in line with the search engine. Until you find out which images sell here, if you can actually sell here, my advice, for all it is worth, is don't. 

I notice more and more newbies (probably who come from microstock agencies) who want to earn some bucks with their photography but who haven't the slightest idea WHAT to shoot.

I would say quite the opposite, the micros select with commercial value in mind and also allow searches by popularity (dls). Anyone with any reasonable experience of the micros is probably better schooled in what sells in general stock than many on Alamy.... that does not translate as knowing what sells well on Alamy, as client bases are not always the same.

Since Alamy is directly targetting microstockers, they clearly think they have something to offer......

I would not do this. From what I gather from stock forums you can go years on Alamy without making a sale; that you need time and thousands of images to build your place in line with the search engine. Until you find out which images sell here, if you can actually sell here, my advice, for all it is worth, is don't. 

I sell on a daily basis at Alamy. Not aimed at anybody in particular, but if you're on Alamy for years without making a sale, perhaps one should look at his/her own collection and compare the images with what's already online. Most probably such people's images are not of equal quality, not to mention snapshots without a real, well defined SUBJECT. And I didn't even start about keywords, post-processing skills, and whatever is needed to be a ........ "(stock) photographer".

I notice more and more newbies (probably who come from microstock agencies) who want to earn some bucks with their photography but who haven't got the slightest idea WHAT to shoot. When I look at some pictures I very often wonder "who" would buy this to illustrate "what"? Some ports look like occupational therapy of very bored people. No wonder they don't sell. Sorry to say, but those who don't sell only have themselves to blame. In other jobs, such people would be fired for incompetence. 

Cheers,

Philippe

I've been on Alamy since 2014 and even I, with my "massive" black and white only portfolio, have some sales. Admittedly the images that have sold so far are not those that I expected... but on reflection they probably make good sense given the lack of colour.  I really can see how some of them depended on some careful thought on keywording.

Good luck, whatever you decide to do.

Mike

I notice more and more newbies (probably who come from microstock agencies) who want to earn some bucks with their photography but who haven't the slightest idea WHAT to shoot.

I would say quite the opposite, the micros select with commercial value in mind and also allow searches by popularity (dls). Anyone with any reasonable experience of the micros is probably better schooled in what sells in general stock than many on Alamy.... that does not translate as knowing what sells well on Alamy, as client bases are not always the same.

Since Alamy is directly targetting microstockers, they clearly think they have something to offer......

So why do those microstockers come here? Because their "commercially valued" images sell so well at microstock agencies? Will they sell better here - at Alamy - which is mainly editorial orientated?

Cheers,

Philippe

They see Alamy as just another outlet..... if you look at low value lifestyle images n Alamy you will find many of them are from people who are microstockers (primarily) - the sort of images Zefa used to have loads of. Ideal for editorial outlets but also with commercial potential. Most people on micro spread their ports across many outlets, Alamy is just another one to deal with. In fact, as the recent thread on MSG pointed out, many have been previously discouraged because of the cumbersome keywording system which Alamy, in that forum, have mentioned is going to change.

I admittedly don't know anything about microstock, but I imagine that microstock shooters migrating to Alamy are going to find it very challenging here. Alamy is already overflowing with the types of images that I see on microstock sites. But perhaps I'm missing something.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

There was no need for me to write anything here!
So alarmed by his appearance on ALAMY!
I understand that newbies usually everywhere is not very excited, but my participation here to whom that prevent!?
No longer will write here, so as not to disturb the community.
If someone is delivered a nuisance-apologize!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

I understand that newbies usually everywhere is not very excited, but my participation here to whom that prevent!?

Gennaddi,

Please dont worry. I think nobody meaned something bad. It looks like a language barrier in the first place and it was a general statement. (Philippe behave :angry: ).

Please keep writing. It looks to me that everyone is trying to help you. I also survived this forum members :D .

Mirco

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Gennaddi,

Please dont worry. I think nobody meaned something bad. It looks like a language barrier in the first place and it was a general statement. (Philippe behave :angry: ).

Please keep writing. It looks to me that everyone is trying to help you. I also survived this forum members :D .

Mirco

I don't have any illusions about his participation here, don't think. However, this stilldoes not prevent me to continue your experience here. I can wait and work on herself, this can no doubt! Doing this for 50 years with you, has a great experience and I will try to apply in full! And what to shoot and that did not take off, so it's just timewill show who the flying duck on a pond, and someone in the worm (can't pick up a suitable word, again a problem with the language)

No offense meant from me. Gennadii raised a couple of timely questions, ones that need to be discussed, especially with a lot of new contributors coming to Alamy from microstock. Also,  the "community" needs shaking up every now and then.

BTW, I have only one real "duck on pond" image on Alamy, and it has actually sold! :D

Well, it's really a duck standing next to a pond, but close enough. Personally, I've never met a duck that I didn't like.

No offense meant from me. Gennadii raised a couple of interesting questions, ones that need to be discussed, especially with a lot of new contributors coming to Alamy from microstock. Also,  the "community" needs shaking up every now and then.

BTW, I have only one real "duck on pond" image on Alamy, and it has actually sold! :D

John, I just am confident in the success of this - FKNNGG   . And the other, soon upload something at all! :) 

No offense meant from me. Gennadii raised a couple of interesting questions, ones that need to be discussed, especially with a lot of new contributors coming to Alamy from microstock. Also,  the "community" needs shaking up every now and then.

John, I just am confident in the success of this - FKNNGG   . And the other, soon upload something at all! :) 

Very nice. Good luck with that one.

Archived