Dying to take a selfie?

TABan

That is why I only do "Selfies" in the studio.....

My profile photo is a Selfie

So's mine . . . cough . . .

dd

That is why I only do "Selfies" in the studio.....

My profile photo is a Selfie

So's mine . . . cough . . .

dd

That's one of the more dangerous looking selfie sticks that I've seen, dd.

You're darn tootin' . . . it was fine until I moved the little trigger-thinygy . . .

dd

You're darn tootin' . . . it was fine until I moved the little trigger-thinygy . . .

dd

- that's a shooter release, not a shutter release .....

Shooter release . ? ? ? . . . I thought we only needed model releases . . .

Truth be told, I thought I'd just mixed too much Potassium chlorate with the magnesium . . .

dd

Selfies can be useful in stock photography. Here is a selfie of me and my wife that I took in 1987.

Carry a tripod, and use a shutter delay, to get the human element in your landscapes. Red jacket and red backpack were purchased with selfies in mind.overlooking-the-bow-river-valley-and-the

A selfie paid for my rent for the whole of last year. And one of my latest sales here is a selfie too. Less complications with model releases and cheaper than hiring a middle aged bloke.

Without giving away trade secrets you can't leave the first part of that comment at that... or do you live somewhere ridiculously cheap?

A selfie paid for my rent for the whole of last year. And one of my latest sales here is a selfie too. Less complications with model releases and cheaper than hiring a middle aged bloke.

Without giving away trade secrets you can't leave the first part of that comment at that... or do you live somewhere ridiculously cheap?

Well... the same flat would cost a lot more if I was in London or Tokyo. It was a simple photo of myself. But safe, no trade marks, MR'd, copy space, could be a dps, could be a folder in three. It sold through the big agency. They do have a filter where you can look up by photographer... but I do have a few selfies there. By the way... there is demand for all types. One of my most successful colleagues on the other side of the camera is no George Clooney, (me neither)... but fits lots of stereotypes for older moustachioud business man type.

I was really wondering what it had been used for - I didn't realise that you could do that well... I'd be living in a rented second hand cardboard box under a bridge it I relied on my stock sales!  The only time I make any real money is for prints and occasional commissions. Obviously B&W only is not the best way to make it in stock, so please don't take this as a whinge.

Archived