First time FTP problem

Tonight, for the first time, I tried submit a batch of stock images using the FTP (FileZilla) option. Everything went well at first, but then things started going weird. I see now on my "Track Submissions" page that Alamy received three of the images, but there is an "Unable To Process - resubmit media" message. No big deal (hopefully), I'll just resubmit via the regular method tomorrow. However, I'm wondering what might have gone wrong. Has anyone else had this problem with FTP? Any suggestions? 

Yes, I won't use. See all my posts in this thread:

http://discussion.alamy.com/index.php?/topic/3901-problem-with-ftp-upload/

Thanks for the link. I also got "critical file transfer error" messages. Perhaps I didn't choose the folder correctly. Think I'll stick with the regular upload method. Just wondering, did you get the "Unable To Process - resubmit media" message?

I use both ways of uploading. Rare difficulties seem to arise randomly with both ways. I use the free CoffeeCup FTP program(me). After a short time of malfunction on Windows 10 (wouldn't show the folders and make a correct connection) - it is now working excellently. I think the system updated automatically...

I think it may easily be a folder problem, John.

I use FileZilla without any problems. If you double-click "stock", it should go into that folder and the display changes on the right to show the empty folder (other than what looks like a folder icon with 2 dots, which you double-click to go back to the previous folder). The window above also shows that you have the "stock" folder selected. It does sound from the error like you may be trying to transfer files to a folder (maybe the root folder) that you don't have access to.

Geoff.

I haven't used FileZilla for a long time, so I think you're probably correct. I believe that I only clicked once on the "stock" folder. I'll  have to do some more experimenting. Shall send this batch the conventional way, though.

Never had any problems uploading with Transmit to Alamy, Photoshelter or anywhere else.

Rgds,

Richard.

Another one here for transmit when I am using the Mac and use cute FTP on my PC, sadly both have to be paid for but they do seem to work well.

Archived