Hello friends,

I have been invited to join Alamys "Find a photographer" scheme. Just wondered if others have joined and what your experiences/thoughts are of the scheme.

Allan

Don't know how much demand there is for this service without a "Check-a-Trade" type evaluation by buyers who have used the particular operator  - I supppose if Alamy 'Invite' you they will have checked out your reliability and ability before putting their name to a recommendation - so what have you got to lose ?

Allan, I just checked out your images and about 18 of the ones beginning D8B are not showing. I didn't have a problem seeing the D8 images that had problems before but now this is the second time this AM that I have looked at someone's images and had the problem that I thought was cleared up. I am using Safari on a Mac.

Paulette

Alamy invites to reach "Find a contributor" scheme every contributor who made at least 10 sales. Till a couple of years ago, single clients could surf a Google map reported on page of Alamy website and spot the single participant photographers (name, website, emails reported) in the geographical area required. Then, that page has been removed.

I've been in the program since the beginning, not a single contact so far...

Don't know if there's been requests and alamy sent the clients to other photographers in Portugal because of style of photography or location, or if no one has actually asked for photographers in Portugal.

The feedback on this project from alamy, as far as I know, is non-existent.

Don't know how much demand there is for this service without a "Check-a-Trade" type evaluation by buyers who have used the particular operator  - I supppose if Alamy 'Invite' you they will have checked out your reliability and ability before putting their name to a recommendation - so what have you got to lose ?

IF contracts appeared I would lose my own time. :)  Then there is the hassle. :(

Allan

not a single contact so far...

Ditto!

Double Ditto! (Ditto Ditto!!)

As I thought. :unsure:

Allan

Allan, I just checked out your images and about 18 of the ones beginning D8B are not showing. I didn't have a problem seeing the D8 images that had problems before but now this is the second time this AM that I have looked at someone's images and had the problem that I thought was cleared up. I am using Safari on a Mac.

Paulette

Hi Paulette, I have just checked and I can see all D8's. On IE on a PC.

Allan

Paulette

Hi Paulette, I have just checked and I can see all D8's. On IE on a PC.

Allan

I still am just getting a little blue box with a question mark after a bit of a wait. I had the same problem with Russell Watkins" images and he is contacting Member Services. There was a previous thread about this and it was cleared up but seems to be back now for at least some people. You were just two I happened to look at. The previous time I could see everything even when other people were having problems.

Paulette

I just checked on Allen's forum link and also saw 15 missing thumbnails. For whatever reason, this seems much more common with the forum link.

I've been sending screenshots to Member Services and all, except for one, are appearing properly as of this this am.

Sorry, but is this a discussion about the Find a Photographer project or a discussion about technical issues that should be solved with alamy?!!!!!!! :angry:

EDIT:

I've just edited this message to "thank" the two negative points for having simply pointed to the people that were high-jacking a thread about the "Find a Photographer", with questions that had absolutely nothing to do with the original message and could/should be solved with alamy services and PM's.

This vindictive use of voting is just pathetic and serve only to show how small some people are.

I don't care about the points, negative or positive. I do care though about petty attitudes.

Archived