Fixing the shoulder strap of my photo backpack

After less than one year only from purchase, one of the two shoulder straps of my Lowe Alpine Pro Runner 350 AW backpack has come unstitched. Actually, this is not the first time. In the past I got the same problem with the same model but that time the backpack lasted much looonger so I decided to reply with a new one. This time I would like to go to someone who fix it but don't know where. Any suggestion?

Stefano

lowepro1.jpg

lowepro2.jpg

lowepro3.jpg

Based on my experience here is Aus, Lowe will fix that no charge--you just need to take it to one of their official agents/sellers and they should submit it for you . . . well, again, based on my experiences here.

dd

Suggest you go back to the retailer or direct to the maker as it is less than one year old you should be given a replacement.

Failing that try a good tailor who should be able to repair it for you.

Allan

DD beat me to it.

Suggest you go back to the retailer or direct to the maker as it is less than one year old you should be given a replacement.

Failing that try a good tailor who should be able to repair it for you.

Allan

DD beat me to it.

Sorry mate :)

Again, here, Lowe will repair such damage regardless of the age of the bag. I assume that would be a world-wide thing . . . although to think of it, I was unaware of this (and hadn't heard of it) until a mate in the photographic equipment industry told me about it, so you may not hear about it unless you specifically ask.

dd

Did the same thing yesterday here in Barcelona but the owner told me the backpack is too thick to be adjusted with its shoe machine.

I go to a shoe repair place when i need a repair on a handbag. I think their work is probably stronger than a tailor would be accustomed to doing.

Paulette

How about a luggage repair shop? There are also a few specialty backpack repair companies out there too. In my opinion, it's best to find a local crafts person, they'll go the extra mile for you when you need it.

Sounds a good option actually! Going to find one and see what they tell me. Thanks!

One + for the shoemaker.

Certainly on the road. Shoemakers are everywhere.

Cheaper than all the time involved with trying to get it repaired by the maker.

Personally, I have thread and some needles in my repair kit. And a bunch of cable ties.

At home I put a leather or a jeans needle in my sewing machine and would repair this myself. In my really poor days I used to make all my own bags.

wim

Lowepro (and through its agents) has excellent customer care. Have had bags repaired as well as replaced. Oldest was a 6-year old backpack where a stitched in plastic clip broke. Sent me a new updated version. All sorted in the span of two days. Even had it hand delivered as a worker at the agent was living quite close to me.

Lowepro (and through its agents) has excellent customer care. Have had bags repaired as well as replaced. Oldest was a 6-year old backpack where a stitched in plastic clip broke. Sent me a new updated version. All sorted in the span of two days. Even had it hand delivered as a worker at the agent was living quite close to me.

Agreed. And I don't know of a solution much cheaper than free repair or free replacement.

dd

Yesterday, I sent an email to Lowepro and after a few hours I got a reply. They forwarded my "case" to their Spanish distributor and they should contact me soon. Anyway, I got their contact nos. and emails as well in case they don't do it. Let see what happens! Anyway, thanks everyone for all your suggestions. Nice to have helpful and kind photographers in this forum!  ;)

Stefano

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

finally, I got a brand new camera backpack from Lowepro as replacement of the broken one. They sent for free the brand new Pro Runner BP 350 AW II backpack!  :D

Hi guys,

finally, I got a brand new camera backpack from Lowepro as replacement of the broken one. They sent for free the brand new Pro Runner BP 350 AW II backpack!  :D

Thanks for the follow up to let us know how it panned out. Seems LowePro's reputation re: repairing/replacing gear free of charge is well deserved.

dd

Archived