Supplying photo by direct download (UK)

eu vat action is classified as a spam site by Cyren and blocked by many firewalls

I'm a bit naive but maybe "vat action" is some kind of sexual thing, I'm not going to Google it to find out though.

On opic. The big POD companies will find ways around tax problems just as the coffee and drop shipping companies do.

eu vat action is classified as a spam site by Cyren and blocked by many firewalls

It isn't as far as I or FF can see and Firefox has fierce filters.

• 3 months later...

Written question (and answer) to PM by Caroline Lucas

In short: "The Commission is looking into this and will publish a report..." That's nice, then. :D

Less cynically: at least some (OK, one) MPs are looking into this; the PM has replied and raised the matter at EU level; and the matter has not been forgotten - yet.

It isn't as far as I or FF can see and Firefox has fierce filters.

I helped get that resolved some time ago.

Have just run that site through comprehensive scans and diagnostics--AS FAR AS I (ME, MYSELF, I) AM CONCERNED, IT'S CLEAN.

Anyone willing to risk it will find a wealth of information there.

dd

Cyren reclassifed it as clean around three months ago. Apparently the previous host had been infected with spyware. I understand it is now on a new hosting service and is clean. As the person who raised the original concern I can say that I have been accessing it since the reclassification without any problems.

Just ran into this problem the other way around. I needed to buy an American Standard from a US website by direct download. I had to enter my invoice address. As soon as I entered an address with a country within the EU, the VAT number entry box became a mandatory field (instead of optional). I don't have a VAT number. Luckily the entry form didn't check for numeric entry in the VAT number box, so I just typed "Not registered". Seems like this new EU legislation could cause quite a few unexpected problems, just like CE marking, RoHS etc...

• 7 months later...

I sell lots of direct downloads via Photoshelter and at good RF prices!  never heard about this VAT business though? Even so VAT registration is no big deal,  quite easy actually.

Christian - have you missed this? Link to page at "Skatteverket"

If you sell digital downloads (like through Photoshelter) this certainly applies to you and you should have signed up ages ago - you're in trouble and you don't want to mess with the VAT-man! 

The "MOSS" taxreturn/declaration needs to be filed every quarter, can be done electronically.

Regards

Archived