Deleted all my Images 1 yr ago Alamy still selling

I deleted all of my images over a year ago, but Alamy has just informed they (Alamy) are still making sales with the deleted images so obviously they still have the images on file for people to buy and are licensing images I don't want licensed.  This is very troublesome for me as I did not sign away my copyright when I originally joined Alamy. Never thinking they would have use of my images forever.  How to I make sure all images I have ever placed here are no longer able to be licensed by Alamy?

Hello Jeff,

I am not 100 percent sure but i guess it is because the sales are just reported much later by the clients. So the image is downloaded a time ago but now reported.

Mirco

That would seem to be the case.  You don't seem to have any images on here, unless you have another account?

Sorry if you have already done this Jeff but when you deleted all your images did you tell Alamy that you were cancelling your "membership" as a contributor? They would then cancel your account but any late payments should be passed on to you by prior arrangement regardless of wether or not you had reached the limit on payouts.

Allan

It can take months for deleted images t actually be deleted from the system. In that time they are still available for sale. Then reported sales can take months as well, so although just getting news of a sale, it may have actually been downloaded 6 or 8 months ago. When deleting images, it is best to also strip them of all keywords but one and remove the caption except for one word. This makes your image basically unsearchable, but still in the system until Alamy does finally do the deleting.

Jill

First time I remember somebody complaining that they have too many sales. I wish I had your problems.

I have had sales credited after two years so I guess you are suffering from the admin delays.

If this is causing you copyright or exclusivity issues suggest you contact MS and ask them to close your account.

.dov

Sometimes it takes time to get them deleted from sub-agents and they could have also been in the 'sales path' with clients.

I had officially terminated my contract with a major agency this year and was shocked to find some of my images with my name removed from the IPTC info and all credit info and the agencies name put in instead.

I found my images on the site of one of their sub-agents thru a google image search a few weeks ago.

I trust Alamy.I do not trust this other big agency...

L

Sometimes it takes time to get them deleted from sub-agents and they could have also been in the 'sales path' with clients.

I had officially terminated my contract with a major agency this year and was shocked to find some of my images with my name removed from the IPTC info and all credit info and the agencies name put in instead.

I found my images on the site of one of their sub-agents thru a google image search a few weeks ago.

I trust Alamy.I do not trust this other big agency...

L

Hope you land THAT agency with a very big whammy.

Allan

Archived