Why: add more details to improve sales?

Same issue here - 5 popped up requiring more details, with the number of people no longer populated.  These included at least one image that I can remember has sold in the past, on which I would not have mistaken the number of people (there is a sea of heads in a crowd!).  Two were from the same upload batch, a year or two back, but there was no connection with the other three - seems to be pretty random, and again it is very unlikely that I would have got the numbers wrong when I keyworded the images. 

I can only assume that there is some glitch at Alamy's end.  Let's hope it does not happen again - it is bad enough having to keyword the pictures through Manage Images in the first place, but it is even more of a pain in the proverbial having to go back and check from the originals how many people there are, if the small picture from Alamy is insufficient for you to do this with absolute certainty.

I have not detected any problems with the capture date fo the photo having been changed.

Graham

I  still have the old "manage images" and there is  discrepancy between what the older version thinks  the number of images requiring more details is and what the newer version thinks. 40 odd images in my cae.

The insistence on model releases for RF crowd scenes certainly restricts the number of RF images available to an Alamy client that wants crowded scenes as RF.

Search for NEW YORK CENTRAL PARK, +4people, RF, and you get a total of only 4 very uninspiring RF images. Only 2 images have people in them and I believe one of those two incorrectly states that model releases are available from the crowd of approximately 50 people in the image.

Search for NEW YORK CENTRAL PARK, +4people, RM, and you get 4,505 mostly usable images. I think many of these images are not available as RF because they have crowds of pixel size people laying on the grass or skating etc.

Hopefully for the photographer's sake, and Alamy's sake, the Alamy RF client will settle for Alamy RM. Hopefully they will not go somewhere else where they can get unreleased images of pixel sized people in crowd scenes as RF.

The insistence on model releases for RF crowd scenes certainly restricts the number of RF images available to an Alamy client that wants crowded scenes as RF.

Search for NEW YORK CENTRAL PARK, +4people, RF, and you get a total of only 4 very uninspiring RF images. Only 2 images have people in them and I believe one of those two incorrectly states that model releases are available from the crowd of approximately 50 people in the image.

Search for NEW YORK CENTRAL PARK, +4people, RM, and you get 4,505 mostly usable images. I think many of these images are not available as RF because they have crowds of pixel size people laying on the grass or skating etc.

Hopefully for the photographer's sake, and Alamy's sake, the Alamy RF client will settle for Alamy RM. Hopefully they will not go somewhere else where they can get unreleased images of pixel sized people in crowd scenes as RF.

OTOH, there is no shortage of RF images of pixel-sized people available elsewhere, so those buyers looking for a RM crowd scenes might prefer Alamy.

There has been some checking undertaken by the image management staff regarding the number of people question.

They have identified images where the 'number of people' question has been answered incorrectly.

This has been done to improve search results where customers specify the number of people needed in an image during their searches.

Alamy

Thanks Alamy.

Just to be sure. If we would have the following situation:

Two main persons in the front of the foto shaking hands with in the far far back of the foto 6 people very small seen almost like a spot. 

Do we put in this case 2 or more then 4 people? 

Thanks allready.

Mirco

Thanks Alamy.

Two main persons in the front of the foto shaking hands with in the far far back of the foto 6 people very small seen almost like a spot. 

Thanks allready.

Mirco

There are more than 4 people. The answer therefore is "more than 4 people".

dd

Thanks Alamy.

Thanks allready.

Mirco

dd

Thank you :)

There has been some checking undertaken by the image management staff regarding the number of people question.

They have identified images where the 'number of people' question has been answered incorrectly.

This has been done to improve search results where customers specify the number of people needed in an image during their searches.

Alamy

Thank you for clearing this up.

wim

Thanks Alamy.

Thanks allready.

Mirco

dd

Correct - just answer the question literally :)

Thanks Alamy.

Thanks allready.

Mirco

dd

Thank you :)

Prego :-)

dd

Archived