Found unauthorised use.

Hello I have just found one of my images being used, seemingly without payment and no credits, on Googles Blogspot.

Do you think it is worth chasing for payment or just issue a take down notice?

Allan

Has anyone who has reported an unpaid (presumed legitimate) usage to Alamy recently had any luck heard back from them? I have been in touch a couple of times over the the last month or so, had the automated reply email and not heard another thing. Do they ever chase up unpaid uses any more?

Has anyone who has reported an unpaid (presumed legitimate) usage to Alamy recently had any luck heard back from them? I have been in touch a couple of times over the the last month or so, had the automated reply email and not heard another thing. Do they ever chase up unpaid uses any more?

I have reported a found sale in the past few days. By the look of it, it was a distributor license.  In which case, it will likely take a little time to chase up.

In the past, when I have reported found items to them, MS have been very good in finding and responding - and consequently invoicing - these licenses.  I have sent screenshots and/or urls to them where appropriate, and always include any dates of recent zooms, if applicable.  Basically, the more info you are able to provide them with, the easier and faster the process should be.

Hope it works out for you.

Back to the OP: Allan, I'd agree with other opinion and issue a DMCA.  A quick bypass of the standard Q&A to get to the necessary form for image/video copyright infringement on Blogspot/Blogger is currently here: https://support.google.com/legal/contact/lr_dmca?product=blogger

Yes.  I found one of my images used in an article on a website back in October.  They credited me and Alamy and also stated that the article was published in their Summer 2013 printed copy of the magazine.  I grabbed a screenshot and sent it to MS on October 26th.  The next day someone from Alamy contacted me to let me know that they will check with the billing dept.  2 weeks later I haven't heard anything from Alamy so I e-mailed them again to check what's going on and was told that they haven't heard from the buyer yet.  The following day the sale showed up in My Alamy.

A distributor sale in Japan this year took 8 months to clear. I had sent screenshots a couple of times to Alamy and had the automated reply each time. I think it depends on what their usual experience is with that sort of sale. If it usually takes a long time they will just send you the quick, automated reply.

Paulette

Archived