Alamy blog - Our favourite WTF?! images

Alamy

We have over 50million images on Alamy so it’s not surprising that we have a photo of almost everything… Sometimes, we get an image that makes us stop and scratch our heads as we try and figure out ‘what’s the concept?

Read more...

My first glance thoughts:

#1 Batman must think the guy is'The Penguin' .

#2 - You are what you eat?

#3 - sweet idea!

#4 - something to do with 1984?

#9 - It's rude, but something to do with the first discovery of 'Beaver' !

#10 - Capricorns rule! (That's just because I am a Capricorn).

Of course, maybe it's best to be wrong - as being right would infer having a strange take on things  :)

With the strong yellow background and the in-contact-with-the-floor positioning of the fish, the artist in the bus on fish image is making a strong anti-anti-pro-anti-war statement via the almost cliched medium of an homage to the oft-ignored yellow sole, Buglossidium luteum (aka BL) . . . hence:

"BLunderbus"

. . . breathtakingly poignantly understated, but so . . . overstated . . . now THAT is art!!!!!!

It's almost enough to make me pack up the black velvet and fluro paint and retire . . .

dd

With the strong yellow background and the in-contact-with-the-floor positioning of the fish, the artist in the bus on fish image is making a strong anti-anti-pro-anti-war statement via the almost cliched medium of an homage to the oft-ignored yellow sole, Buglossidium luteum (aka BL) . . . hence:

"BLunderbus"

. . . breathtakingly poignantly understated, but so . . . overstated . . . now THAT is art!!!!!!

It's almost enough to make me pack up the black velvet and fluro paint and retire . . .

dd

Haha!  You don't like 'greenies', but have one anyway!

Showed someone else these and they immediately said the concept for number four would be 'pig-headedness'

and that number seven is a sausage dog - Dachsund joke.

Funny how some things are more obvious to different people.

Are you going to give us all the answers, Dear Alamy?  Or am I the only one who needs them?

#10 - Die Bremer Stadtmusikanten. There's no goat in the tale by the brothers Grimm. Goats do that btw, usually to get to the low hanging leaves of a tree. Or to eat from flower baskets. Not sure what the goat does in return. Maybe it's true altruistic friendship.

wim

It's a protection racket. ;)

#8 - Gregor Samsa!

Kafka - Die Verwandlung.

We've seen this before:

has Alamy staff showed this as hip current arty photography to strife for?

Or did we just spot it somewhere in the images found ?

It is on getty too.

wim

The German man with squid is also on Masterfile. Not sure if his man with egg on his head is on Alamy as well.

You are all reading too much into this.  It's the Dada app.  Just take very boring photos.  Load the app, select a filter at random (has to be at random) and Bob's your uncle, or as it turns out, a one-eyed Texas horned lizard in a shiny bowler hat with a bicycle wheel for locomotion.

Is it art? Well now, that is a profound question.

The donkey is about to be painted . . . but first they had to apply the undergoat . . .

. . . others may see it as a cold donkey in need of a nice warm overgoat . . .

dd

Archived