I'm having a wacky month with three refunds and three resales. Two of these images were also refunded and resold last month and then refunded and resold again this month for the same price. The third refund/resale morphed into an IQ sale at a significantly lower price. Anyone else experiencing more flip-flops than usual?

Nothing out of the ordinary for me - but then my sales are too insignificant to be of any consequence... ;):(

No sale is insignificant these days IMO. Here's an example of what I mean by "wacky." This is the ride one of my images has been on recently:

24 Sept. -- image leased for $855 (Whoopee!)

24 Sept -- image refunded and resold for $45 (reality strikes again)

8 Oct. --- image refunded again (Hmmm...?)

8 Oct. --- image resold again for $45 (could have been worse, I suppose)

The good news is that it's not a distributor sale, so I should get $22.50 down the road, unless of course the ride isn't over yet.   

Not sure we must tell everybody the exact numbers though.

I rather get a discount than give one, so this is mine for this month:

First sale: 35.

The refund was $17.50 

Then resold for $50.

Wacky?

Probably just because print use was added.

wim

Not sure we must tell everybody the exact numbers though.

I rather get a discount than give one, so this is mine for this month:

First sale: 35.

The refund was $17.50 

Then resold for $50.

Wacky?

Probably just because print use was added.

wim

At least your amount went up slightly. The only change in the terms of the image that I mentioned appears to be that the max print run has gone down from two million to one million. I guess someone up there is actually counting. B)

Speaking for myself,  the average prices I am receiving for my image sales are dropping with time,  I just  signed out of the newspaper scheme, to try and prevent further price drops! As this scheme pays silly prices which resemble micro stock more than any thing else. It seems increasingly difficult to get a reasonable price for your work these days. (Rant over!)

Archived