I have a couple of images of those, um, whatchacallits that stand at the turn in entry road to strip malls or regular malls.  It lists about 5 or 6 of the businesses in that area of the strip mall.

What do you call that huge, well built, sign?  Of course, I have the keywords "sign""listing" "business listing(s)" but it is more than that.  It's not a directory, because it doesn't have addresses, numbers or whatever.  I'm stumped.

Betty

Hmmm, not very creative of them, huh Doug?  I guess that would get one in the ballpark, though.  But a buyer would have to sift through hundreds of all kinds of signs to find this particular type.

Because of their location they are often called strip mall signs, but they are pylon signs.

dd

"Hoarding" is not a word we use in the US for signs. It sounds silly in that wonderful British way. Someone kindly suggested I use it for placards at a demonstration and I am most grateful. We speak two different languages.

Paulette

We speak two different languages.

Paulette

So do picture buyers. You should include it.

Agreed we are selling world-wide. Or even worldwide.

Allan

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see where you posted an image but if it's on a single post it could be called a pylon sign.  If it's lower with a concrete, masonry  or solid looking metal base it could be referred to as a monument sign, these are commonly used for housing developments and malls.  Free standing and illuminated might also be valid keywords.  Google all the terms and look at images to see what is closest to your image.

skylineboy and Lynn, I just added your suggestions which will show up, um, I guess Monday. Does Alamy update keywords on the weekend?  M Chapman, not sure if billboard would work, it isn't what we call billboards in the states. But thanks for the suggestion!

The two images in question are:

E48GH1 and E48GJ7

no problem, in uk we tend to use "store" as a place to put things, or to put something away. think stor-age.

most of my alterations have taken few days to be updated too, so im guessing monday-tuesday yours will be updated.

shop, and store. two opposite the pond keywords too.

shopping centre vs mall. etc

Great point, thanks!

Archived