I never use the straps that come in the box.   Firstly I don't like straps (or indeed clothes) with writing on, and secondly because they are nearly always too short.   I recently bought http://www.kata-bags.com/camera-strap-pl-camera-strap - very comfortable to use with soft neoprene shoulder pad and long enough that I even had to cut a bit off.

I used to use neoprene camera straps with my Canon equipment but now I'm using Fuji X-T1 and X-E2 I use the straps that came with the cameras. The equipment is light enough not to cause problems.

Allan

Well, I thought long and hard about it, and I started my own little business!

Www.warblerdesigns.com

Take a look and let me know what you think! M

Good luck. I'm a big fans of warblers (esp blackcaps: singing as I type). But £30 for a strap? Er, no. That's what I pay for a car...

Well, I thought long and hard about it, and I started my own little business!

Www.warblerdesigns.com

Take a look and let me know what you think! M

Good luck. I'm a big fans of warblers (esp blackcaps: singing as I type). But £30 for a strap? Er, no. That's what I pay for a car...

30 quid for a car? . . . bloody luxury if you ask me ! ! !

dd

Whatever you use, keep checking it. I was very happy with my OpTech, but I'd had it for years, and last month it suddenly snapped on a fold, crashing my camera and lens to a hard path. The camera is cosmetically damaged, knocking a LOT of any resale price, the lens is a huge repair, at the insurers, could take another month for them to decide if they'll repair or replace.

Heck, I pay a lot more as I 'earn money from my photo equipment, you'd think they could sort it out quicker. Hopefully they were underpromising on date.

That said, I'll get another OpTech and examine it - no other type I've tried distributes the weight as well.

When you think about it, trusting thousands of pounds worth of equipment to a £30 strap is a bit insane.

OTB.jpg

Because of my neck issues, I haven't installed a strap on a camera for years.  But I'm thinking about it for the Fuji, since the camera is so much lighter than the Nikons.  Maybe the neoprene. Even so, I think it would hurt me.  A harness might work, but I hate the way they plaster clothing against the body.  I like air circulation and not to have certain thing delineated.

Archived