What's so great about vectors?    Get 30% off everything

Unlike bitmaps, vectors are infinitely scalable. That means no pixelation! They’re also fully editable and file sizes are very low. Our diagram shows what happens when the different file types are scaled.    On Alamy you can buy all your images, videos and vectors in one place. We're giving you 30% off everything in your cart. All you need to do is enter 'alamyvectors' at the checkout.

From Alamy Promo Page.

Why should photographers have to lose 30% of the already awful sale prices to launch or promote  VECTORS ????

Niels, on the homepage, hover over the 'i' (information) icon at bottom right.  It says:

"Buy now to get 30% off everything in your cart.  Enter ''alamyvectors' at the checkout"

Not as clear as it could be.  As a customer, I would justifiably expect to get 30% off the total of anything purchased, but the imagery and foregoing text would seem to suggest that this applies to vectors only.

Neils, on the homepage, hover over the 'i' (information) icon at bottom right.  It says:

"Buy now to get 30% off everything in your cart.  Enter ''alamyvectors' at the checkout"

Not as clear as it could be.  As a customer, I would justifiably expect to get 30% off the total of anything purchased, but the imagery and foregoing text would seem to suggest that this applies to vectors only.

Thanks. That was packed away pretty effectively. I sure hope it is only on the vectors....

Right, the six people who bought a vector file this month will all get 30% off... I have bought a vector file once in my recent life. For a rosette to stick over reproductions of winning images - and that was just me being lazy, if I still had MacDraw or Freehand I'd have made my own in ten minutes. It's only the horrible interface and toolset of Illustrator which makes vectors a bit difficult.

Way back I had a program which turned any simple photo into a vector image rather well. No idea if such a thing exists now. I think it was called Streamline.

Vectors are a new venture for Alamy. Most new companies need to discount their stock before they attract new folk. However, most of the time the company takes a hit on profits first and still pays the full amount for the product from the manufacturer. We're in this together remember.....bangs head against desk. 

Way back I had a program which turned any simple photo into a vector image rather well. No idea if such a thing exists now. I think it was called Streamline.

If I remember correctly, Streamline was discontinued a few years ago when its tracing tools were integrated into Illustrator (CS2?). Later versions of Freehand also have a tracing tool.

Hi All

Does this mean that if I am buying many images or big or extended use that if I add one tiny little vector(web use ?) I get 30% discount ???????????????

Incredible everyone will be adding vectors to their carts . This needs to stop now if the discount is on the entire cart

Jon

So what are we going to do about this. I do not see why I should receive  30% less money from my work to help promote something that has nothing to do with me.  Give a discount and make a big splash about Vectors ? Fine . I wish it every success.  Alamy  I would like an answer to this as it  is completely unfair ,   and  although you have the freedom to promote our work I think this is unreasonable given the already low fees you offer our images for.

I think you all are over-reacting.  There have been 30% discounts going on for as long as I can remember - don't believe me, check the Facebook page.

There's a post on December 9

There's a post on November 13

There's a post on November 11

There's a post on October 21

There's a post on October 8

etc., etc., etc.

Hate to break the news, but this is business as usual.

Like Ed says. There's been a 30% discount for ages. I can't wait till it goes to 50%, that's going to represent a great saving for some people.  <_<

Still holding out for Canon to drop the prices of their lenses by 30%. Soon guys, soon. 

I jest of course, however, it's the nature of the beast these days. 

Archived