observing other taking what I didn't see = learning;
others get in your way or you in their way;

me wifey is me second set of eyes, sometimes points
out what I would'a missed; I get approval or let wifey
determine all our itineraries 'cause I can find salable
images anywhere photos are allowed...

wifey licenses her own photos via my account a few
times monthly -- what I can't get her to do is keyword
more of her images to realize even more results...
what's odd yet not really -- I strongly edit her photos
& what's left looks like my photos...search "rb56"

10 hours ago, Inchiquin said:

She's now in a care home with Alzheimers so I can use all the photos to stimulate her memory.

Alan

So sorry to hear that, Alan. I lost both my brother and sister to Alzheimers. 

1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

So sorry to hear that, Alan. I lost both my brother and sister to Alzheimers. 

I'm sorry to hear that too, Edo. But what's sad for us is not necessarily sad for them. My ex-wife is happy and contented in this new world of her own and appears to have no idea that she's not well. And she responds to photographic memories, which is what keeps this on topic.

Alan

• Love 6
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Inchiquin said:

I'm sorry to hear that too, Edo. But what's sad for us is not necessarily sad for them. My ex-wife is happy and contented in this new world of her own and appears to have no idea that she's not well. And she responds to photographic memories, which is what keeps this on topic.

Alan

It was different for my husband. A week after coming home from St. Croix I showed him pictures I’d developed for upload to Alamy, and he’d forgotten he’d been there. Nothing I showed him rang a memory bell. It devastated me because I so wanted him to have happy memories of that gorgeous place to think about. I found he lived in the moment, not 15 minutes ago.  But all in all, like your ex, he was happy.

He’s closest to the camera here. Next in the blue sun hat is my daughter, then my son-in-law. We were on a charter catamaran boat going from St. Croix to Buck island to do some snorkeling on the coral reefs & listening to the guy talk about safety issues on the way. He cracked jokes.
F85870.jpg

• Love 3
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Inchiquin said:

Alan

That's lovely Alan that she can respond to the photographic memories. Images, like music, seem to often play an important role in engaging people with Alzheimers.

18 hours ago, Steve F said:

It's absolutely not worth travelling just for stock. I take my camera if I'm already on a day trip somewhere and I try to avoid NT if I want to shoot.

Good news, good news and more good news for those shooting stock in the good old USofA

Canon slashed the price of the new  EOS R6 mkII $1990.00 and the refurbished slashed to $1759.00 

Yellowstone national park camping $18 a night with the senior pass. 

Wyoming average gas prices ; Current Avg. $3.31

It doesnt get much better than that.

Cheers and gone 

Shergar.

• Like 1

There is a new Leica store in the Meatpacking district and I went with a friend today. It was very busy and that was nice to see. There is an Elliot Erwitt exhibit with a number of images I hadn't seen before. He is a favorite and I try to always see everything of his. Happy today.

Paulette

• Like 4

Mark, did you see my mention of shooting stills with Erwitt's video team on a commercial in NYC? We had a very low key talk over lunch. He was a a low-key kind of guy. 

• Love 1

If Elliot Erwitt didn't like Photoshop, I imagine that he wouldn't have been very happy in the world of AI.

I agree about dogs. They are sympathetic beings. However, I've met some nasty ones as well. That's usually the fault of their being mistreated by humans, though. 🐶

• Like 1

Edo, I wonder if you remember the old Leica Gallery on lower Broadway. It had the most wonderful exhibits and the owner was usually nice to talk to. I always knew I would see worthwhile exhibits there.

Paulette

I found this article about the owners of the old Leica Gallery.. https://photographmag.com/in-profile/july-august-2010-in-profile/  I see in some of the reviews that some people thought the staff was "snooty". Maybe I was lucky but the fact that I was always saying how much I loved their exhibits might have made me popular there. I thought they were lovely and I was never disappointed in the exhibits. It was "real photography" as far as i was concerned.

Paulette

9 hours ago, Martin L said:

Lucky enough to find his book 'Dog Dogs' for a couple of quid from a charity shop.

Interesting, if time is available I'll often browse the book section in a charity shop. I often come across interesting books that are currently out of print. Most of my book purchases come from charity shops, plus the purchase helps the charity.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NYCat said:

Edo, I wonder if you remember the old Leica Gallery on lower Broadway. It had the most wonderful exhibits and the owner was usually nice to talk to. I always knew I would see worthwhile exhibits there.

Paulette

Yes, Paulette. I was sorry to see it close. In the film era, I always owned a Leica M2, although I was faster and more accurate with my Nikons. The fact that they focused in different  directions was annoying. 

6 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Yes, Paulette. I was sorry to see it close. In the film era, I always owned a Leica M2, although I was faster and more accurate with my Nikons. The fact that they focused in different  directions was annoying. 

I’ve always been a voracious reader. Through my young years, from time to time a character in the book I was reading would be taking pictures, through profession or hobby, & it always seemed those characters used Nikon cameras & treated them with reverence.

That subtly imprinted on me. My first 35mm camera was a Canon Sureshot film camera, a Christmas gift, shot on auto. That was in the 80s.  Man, I took great pictures with it, & won a few contests. The camera was the brain, though, but my contribution was composition.

When I really, really got serious, I bought a Nikon N90 film camera, all I could afford. That’s when I learned how to set the settings depending on what result I wanted. This was right after recovering from chemo & I wanted to get into stock, around 2005. I think my hair had grown out finally to be about a half-inch long!  Within a year, digital beckoned & I bought a Nikon D70 6.1mp., I was mailing off CDs with uprezzed photos to Alamy, then D200, D300, D700, D800, the last.

It was when mirrorless beckoned that I changed systems to Fujinon around 6 years ago & added the small RX100 Sonys.

• Love 1
  • Like 1