Sony RX100

Phil

Question

The RX100 appears to be a popular pocket/purse camera with many Alamy contributors.

For those with an Alamy track record with an RX100 - 

Is there any benefit when shooting RAW to reducing file size when Exporting an uncropped .jpg with LrC as an effort to preclude any noise or "soft and lacking definition" or other Alamy QC rejections that might result from the RX100's smaller sensor?

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:
I bought this 5+ yrs ago:
(I only wear when traveling)
(its wearing out, getting dirty)
(washing requires extensive ironing, wifey don't like that)
https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/white-river-fly-shop-aventur1-fly-vest

Just ordered this in red less than half the price $17.59US
(prices change often,multiple vendors offering same product)
(but then I found out company may be linked to Uyghurs slavery)
(so may back off buying more from them)

Bought this one few years ago from Amazon...  dunno if Uyghurs involved or not... 

I went for the Army Green - mesh version cuz it's lighter and cooler.  So far so good but hasn't seen a lot of use.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C7M7LPV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

On 10/01/2024 at 20:15, Tony ALS said:

After following this thread and hearing others extolling the virtues of the RX100 series cameras I have taken the plunge but gone for the VI instead of the VII. Main difference seems to be video related which I'm not into. The VI is selling for £775 on Amazon at the moment in the UK and with gift cards the cost was £640 to me. 

I hope to be pleased🤞🏻

A warning following a poor experience on Amazon.

I ordered the RX100 VI from Amazon and then received a warning it would be delayed and to contact the third party seller.

I sent a message but received no reply.

I then checked out the seller and discovered that since the start of 2024 there were no end of complaints about not receiving advertised products.

The company called themselves Technolove of 48 Tottenham Court Road, London on Amazon.

In the meantime the payment was taken from my bank account.

I contacted Amazon customer services who messaged them as well. Amazon assured me messages from them cannot be ignored by the seller.

After three attempts to get a response Amazon finally woke up to the situation and removed the third party seller.

Amazon have been great and have already refunded me in full.

The warning is not to deal with Sunrise Camera, (Technolove under another name), or any photographic company trading with the address 48 Tottenham Court Road, London.

I have since sourced an RX100 VII for a similar price.

• Love 2
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Tony ALS said:

48 Tottenham Court Road, London.

> 48 Tottenham Court Road

somebody send me a cudgel & rt business class ticket;
a gang of Alamaniacs will bloody well take care of business, we will...
Edited by Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Tony ALS said:

A warning following a poor experience on Amazon.

Sorry to hear about this experience and glad you got the money back 

It's one company I will not use and will never use but cannot explain why on here 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Alexander Hogg said:

It's one company I will not use and will never use but cannot explain why on here 

Interesting.   

We've been frequent Amazon customers for years including misc. household, personal, and photo gear - Prime member for last few years as well.  

Very pleased and never any problems - small glitches quickly and easily handled by their customer service.

Everyone has different expectations and experiences I suppose.

Edited by Phil
typo
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Alexander Hogg said:

Sorry to hear about this experience and glad you got the money back 

Same sort of experience, BAD.

Have not used them since.

Allan

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Phil said:

Interesting.   

We've been frequent Amazon customers for years including misc. household, personal, and photo gear - Prime member for last few years as well.  

Very pleased and never any problems - small glitches quickly and easily handled by their customer service.

Totally agree and as @Tony ALS states "Amazon have been great and have already refunded me in full"

• Like 2

For those still looking to get the RX100 Vll it is now available at B&H. I got it today and my brain is pretty scrambled from trying to get started with it. I am coming from the original one and it's been decades since I set it up with that awful menu.

Paulette

• Like 2

On 25/01/2024 at 09:48, Phil said:

Interesting.   

Same here, Phil. I order quite often & have never had a problem. I ordered a very pricey sable watercolor brush a couple of months ago. It came from a third party provider & looked used, other problems with the way it was packed that ruined the hairs. Amazon took it back, credited me & I ordered it elsewhere.

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Love 1
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Same here, Phil. I order quite often & have never had a problem. I ordered a very pricey sable watercolor brush a couple of months ago. It came from a third party provider & looked used, other problems with the way it was packed that ruined the hairs. Amazon took it back, credited me & I ordered it elsewhere.

Same for me, I have ordered many things from Amazon an a real variety of items.  I have had very few issues, and the issues I that I have had, were resolved quickly and to my liking.  

• Like 3