Are you a member of the Alamy forum?

Maybe we need a rota to answer a rash of:

Why have my images got poor discover-ability?

Why have all my images been rejected when just one failed QC?

My image is showing as sold this month why have I not been paid?

Is Harry Harrison really a mannequin?

Is Mr Standfast really a hedgehog?

• Love 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Martin L said:

Maybe we need a rota to answer a rash of:

Why have my images got poor discover-ability?

Why have all my images been rejected when just one failed QC?

My image is showing as sold this month why have I not been paid?

Is Harry Harrison really a mannequin?

Is Mr Standfast really a hedgehog?

Well there's at least one I'd take issue with but why on earth they don't have a 'Forum FAQ' for this type of thing I can't imagine. On the other hand 'Discoverability' is their feature which they insist on keeping despite all our protestations so I suppose they don't want our version of such things presented to new contributors in such a direct way.

• Love 1

Perhaps a contributor-created static content area would be a good idea. We could answer all the basic questions and sign with our names and portfolio links. The Mr. Standfast as a hedgehog thing will be toughest to address because here in North America, we don't have hedgehogs and most of us aren't sure what they are. (Although the more literary among us will remember the hedgehog reference in Moby Dick.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian Yarvin said:

Perhaps a contributor-created static content area would be a good idea. We could answer all the basic questions and sign with our names and portfolio links.

I like this idea.

For years we nagged alamy to improve their contributor help they even added a link to the contributor help page at the top of the forum and the blog is full of treasure. Trouble is there are some things that for commercial reasons Alamy cannot say but a contributor can.

1 hour ago, StokeCreative said:

Agree with Harry and Brian, a static "start here" FAQ page/entry would be useful. There's still some that wont read it but it might cut down on the repetition.

Somebody (Steve F?) has a boilerplate which they cut n' paste Ive noticed.

Hugh

Hi Hugh are you still enjoying retirement?

Allan

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harry Harrison said:

Well there's at least one I'd take issue with but why on earth they don't have a 'Forum FAQ' for this type of thing I can't imagine. On the other hand 'Discoverability' is their feature which they insist on keeping despite all our protestations so I suppose they don't want our version of such things presented to new contributors in such a direct way.

Harry, it was a joke reference to your pic on the forum, no offence meant 🫂 

1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

Mr. Standfast speaks more English than the hedgehogs I had in my garden in Oxfordshire. They didn't seem to speak any English and very little French.

Courtesy of Bing Image creator. We're doomed.

french hedgehog taking a photo with a fujifilm camera. Image 1 of 4

🤣

Edited by Mr Standfast
  • Love 1
  • Like 4