HUGE Photoshop 2024 Update

2 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Looks pretty scary to me. More reasons not to trust photos or photographers any longer.

Just my old-fashioned opinion... 👴

Wise words John. Photographs have been manipulated since the dawn of photography. This is nothing new, just easier.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

Aren't the generated areas too low res for Alamy stock pics?

Can't see any use myself as I want my pics to show reality.

I am with you.

Allan

As has been suggested before, generative fill will make it very easy to remove all sorts of watermarks.

Until now with the Beta I hate the new interface that forces the tools for the Neural Filters and such into the editing area of my workspace in stead of staying out of my way on my second monitor.

But there's hope: today's Bridge update to v14.0 re-introduces the much requested multiple Bridge windows. We'll see. I have reverted to v12 after struggling with v13 for months on end and just giving up.

wim

• Love 2

4 hours ago, wiskerke said:

As has been suggested before, generative fill will make it very easy to remove all sorts of watermarks.

Until now with the Beta I hate the new interface that forces the tools for the Neural Filters and such into the editing area of my workspace in stead of staying out of my way on my second monitor.

But there's hope: today's Bridge update to v14.0 re-introduces the much requested multiple Bridge windows. We'll see. I have reverted to v12 after struggling with v13 for months on end and just giving up.

wim

Talking about removing watermarks there now is an Ai tool that does it for your FOC! https://www.watermarkremover.io/

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jansos said:

Talking about removing watermarks there now is an Ai tool that does it for your FOC! https://www.watermarkremover.io/

Wow that works well. I just tried 2 of mine from Alamy: an easy one and a harder one and it performed really good. It did get all the logos, but on the easy one it removed some unrelated detail in a different spot.

wim

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rico said:

Wise words John. Photographs have been manipulated since the dawn of photography. This is nothing new, just easier.

Yes, that's true, but with the help of AI, photo manipulation is going to be HUGE. It will probably even become the norm. 😬

• Like 1

I'm wondering whether Alamy will have a policy on AI filled images. The folks who developed it have a very strict policy about notating that most changes - but not all- made with generative fill require you to tag the image as generative AI - but the policy is slightly fuzzy. They have also been freezing accounts of those who they suspect of not tagging other generative AI images but of it would appear that some still gets through - it's really a mess. When you use generative fill, even in a small portion of an image, PS puts some code into the metadata, but if the metadata is stripped out online, it doesn't really help. 

There's a big difference between a completely AI generated image and one where you maybe add a bird in the sky or where you use AI generated components in a composite image -  - which still rightly triggers the need to mark it as AI- At least if they are allowed on Alamy you can explain what's AI under "more info." 

I tried out the generative AI fill when I upgraded and I could not get anything that I wanted. Upgrading also deleted the last version of Photoshop from my laptop but kept a much earlier version. I haven't tried it much but what I got was really awful. Glad to finally figure out that the old delete tool that lets me deal with dust spots in tricky places still works. I love the masking and other stuff from the earlier upgrades, but wish they'd made the generative fill simply something you could do in firefly with one of your own images rather than mucking up Photoshop. 

Edited by Marianne