my first upload getting upload error without any reasons mentioned.

ShutterBug Maverick

Question

hi all,

new to this forum. Tried to upload 3 pictures (jpg) but getting upload error without anything mentioned.

pictures are taken with full frame DSLR. pic resolutions are 6016 x 4016 , 14.3 MB compressed jpg, uncompressed image size in Ps is 138.2M, exported with Lr without any export sharpening, with full metadata. Any help would be great.

1 hour ago, ShutterBug Maverick said:

i am not hitting Submit button, just after image get uploaded in alamy, the Upload Error is coming. Raised the issue with Alamy Directly, but their answer is standard and of little help.

I don't think the script should run until you hit Submit. Initial submissions must be three images - no more, no less - or I believe they will be rejected automatically. Is the image actually uploading, or is the script throwing an error immediately? If it is uploading, can you populate at least one other slot before the upload completes, then get in a third before the second finishes going through?

7 minutes ago, DJ Myford said:

I don't think the script should run until you hit Submit. Initial submissions must be three images - no more, no less - or I believe they will be rejected automatically. Is the image actually uploading, or is the script throwing an error immediately? If it is uploading, can you populate at least one other slot before the upload completes, then get in a third before the second finishes going through?

Hmmm..yes maybe, are you trying one at a time? Try selecting three at once and dropping them.

6 hours ago, ShutterBug Maverick said:

Network is fine. getting uploads in all other websites without any issue.

Can be a problem with Alamy's network.  If you know how to use traceroute, that might show where their bottleneck might be.   If you're in the EU or UK, when you're awake might be when the majority is, too.  I'm uploading from Central America and tend to do it in the evening or early morning local time. 

4 hours ago, Martin L said:

When you said 'metadata' did you mean EXIF or keywords?

Edit: okay ignore that, in your first post you said 'full metadata' so I guess that is the 'All' setting

i mean EXIF. while exporting from lightroom i am opting for "Include All Metadata". Tried again with filling all Metadata fields available in Lr. same result. Upload Error. 

32 minutes ago, Rebecca Ore said:

Can be a problem with Alamy's network.  If you know how to use traceroute, that might show where their bottleneck might be.   If you're in the EU or UK, when you're awake might be when the majority is, too.  I'm uploading from Central America and tend to do it in the evening or early morning local time. 

i doubt. its now 3rd day tried multiple times. same result. Upload Error

3 hours ago, DJ Myford said:

its uploading, then Upload Error, Not reached Submission Stage (i guess Submission Button is to be presses once all 3 pictures get uploaded successfully) .

7 minutes ago, ShutterBug Maverick said:

i doubt. its now 3rd day tried multiple times. same result. Upload Error

Try a different browser.  I've never had serious problems with Firefox, but some people have had.  If you're on Mac, Safari, Firefox, Google Chrome (I hate it), are options.   If you're on Windows, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, and I think Safari.  You're not on Linux because Adobe doesn't release products for them. 

Other option would be trying to reduce the size of your submission photos (at least one browser wasn't uploading very large files at one time to push the group's ftp app).  My cameras are all 24 mp, so I've never had this problem but some others have reported it with one browser.

Just now, Rebecca Ore said:

Try a different browser.  I've never had serious problems with Firefox, but some people have had.  If you're on Mac, Safari, Firefox, Google Chrome (I hate it), are options.   If you're on Windows, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, and I think Safari.  You're not on Linux because Adobe doesn't release products for them. 

Other option would be trying to reduce the size of your submission photos (at least one browser wasn't uploading very large files at one time to push the group's ftp app).  My cameras are all 24 mp, so I've never had this problem but some others have reported it with one browser.

i have tried on Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome on Windows PC. My Camera is Nikon D750 so i have only 24mp pics.

1 minute ago, ShutterBug Maverick said:

jpg is 8 Bit, checked again by opening my files in Photoshop

All jpegs are 8 bit, but I was wondering if somehow the original RAW, (although I can't think why) being 16 bit affects it.  Don't know why it should, just grasping at straws on what the issue it.  Have you emailed Alamy?

Jill