If you were to go back in time ?

Bryan

7 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

a couple of spare camera batteries. 🤠

Oh I don't think Bryan is allowing modern equipment- it's a burro and 11x14 plates, I'm afraid. And the stupid animal broke all but two, so pick your angles very carefully😀🐴

• Love 1

23 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Oh I don't think Bryan is allowing modern equipment- it's a burro and 11x14 plates, I'm afraid. And the stupid animal broke all but two, so pick your angles very carefully😀🐴

Bummer. I think H.G. Wells would have let me take my Sony along. 📷⏲️

• Love 1

13 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

At some point in June, the Sorbonne riots stopped. ??? I had gone back home to Rome for my wife's birthday. Those Paris riots police were a scary bunch. 

I like to think of Gen as a girl playing on that giant lawn in Versailles. 🙂

I have fond memories of my gradma taking me to an old style kids' manege with wooden horses in the castle grounds. They gave you a stick and you had to try and put it through a ring as it went round. Or catch Mickey's tail. The gardens were a delight with giant trees and immaculate edges. Imposing and mysterious. See, I have at least ONE good memory about France. 

12 hours ago, spacecadet said:

You know I miss shooting with my old film kit, and the processing of the films. Were I to go back in time it would be with my Rollei or Bronica, better to blend in with the locals. It wouldn't do to be arrested as an alien and be unable to return to your discreetly hidden time machine.

1 minute ago, Bryan said:

You know I miss shooting with my old film kit, and the processing of the films. Were I to go back in time it would be with my Rollei or Bronica, better to blend in with the locals. It wouldn't do to be arrested as an alien and be unable to return to your discreetly hidden time machine.

The unknown would be, might your film be fogged by the technique used for time travel? 

I think that Victorian and Edwardian times up to the beginning of WWI must have been the golden age of travel before mass tourism and high-speed transportation killed most of the romance. Now we just buy guidebooks, hop on a jet and see all the same sights, often on planned tours. Don't get me started on the cruise industry. There isn't a real sense of discovery any longer, or at least it isn't what it used to be.  🙄

Edited by John Mitchell