Board of Directors - PA Media

37 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

For me it was seeing these names that gave me a shock: 

Both famous/infamous in UK

Rebekah Brooks

Paul Dacre

I too have a look around pa media group when I remember. I see they have 5 varied vacancies at Abingdon. After the takeover I would have expected the Abingdon operation to have been absorbed into the pa media group by now. That would likely have created savings to offset licensing stock for pennies. I doubt it's likely to happen anytime soon with 5 staff sought for the Abingdon premises.

19 minutes ago, sb photos said:

After the takeover I would have expected the Abingdon operation to have been absorbed into the pa media group by now. 

I'm interested in this viewpoint SB

On what rationale/strategy do you base that statement?

Is a wholly owned, long established, profitable, operating subsidiary automatically absorbed (and the name gone) ?  

22 hours ago, sb photos said:

I too have a look around pa media group when I remember. I see they have 5 varied vacancies at Abingdon. After the takeover I would have expected the Abingdon operation to have been absorbed into the pa media group by now. That would likely have created savings to offset licensing stock for pennies. I doubt it's likely to happen anytime soon with 5 staff sought for the Abingdon premises.

Perhaps they are going to maintain two distinct brand names?

22 hours ago, Nodvandigtid said:

I'm interested in this viewpoint SB

On what rationale/strategy do you base that statement?

Is a wholly owned, long established, profitable, operating subsidiary automatically absorbed (and the name gone) ?  

I don’t have any direct experience but I think that is often the case. The UK confectionery industry has many examples.

On 15/07/2022 at 15:46, geogphotos said:

For me it was seeing these names that gave me a shock: 

Both famous/infamous in UK

Rebekah Brooks

Paul Dacre

My word. I had no idea, hadn't checked before. Not good news (in every sense of that phrase)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, imageplotter said:

My word. I had no idea, hadn't checked before. Not good news (in every sense of that phrase)

None of the people come from a photo stock background.   Most of them came from marketing, but not advertising design.  

3 hours ago, Jansos said:

Perhaps they are going to maintain two distinct brand names?

It's not uncommon for companies to acquire brands with name recognition and maintain them as subsidiaries: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montblanc_(company) and even expand using the brand name on other products.

• Like 1

On 16/07/2022 at 10:57, Rebecca Ore said:

It's not uncommon for companies to acquire brands with name recognition and maintain them as subsidiaries: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montblanc_(company) and even expand using the brand name on other products.

Another example of this is a certain big microstock agency recently bought a certain big supplier of video clips, and the former seems to be leaving the latter to its own devices (for the time being anyway).