Share Client information

geogphotos

I have just spent an hour or so looking through my monthly sales report from another agency. Unlike Alamy I am given information about the client and country they are in.

It helps enormously seeing what sells to different clients and territories. 

It helps enormously in monitoring copyright infringements. 

The old argument that Alamy has to keep this information secret seems extremely outdated especially give today's level of fees - contributors are hardly going to offer lower fees!

Might I suggest that in terms of tracking infringements it would be beneficlal to contributors and to Alamy if this information was shared. 

Edited by geogphotos
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, geogphotos said:

I have just spent an hour or so looking through my monthly sales report from another agency. Unlike Alamy I am given information about the client and country they are in.

The old argument that Alamy has to keep this information secret seems extremely outdated especially give today's level of fees - contributors are hardly going to offer lower fees!

Might I suggest that in terms of tracking infringements it would be beneficlal to contributors and to Alamy if this information was shared. 

I've just made this very point to contributor services as after finding usages that I was unsure whether they were genuine licences or not reported I send an email querying them so they then had to check with the sales team and let me know that they had in fact been licensed and reported for said usages.

So, time was wasted on all sides which would have been avoided had they just put the relevant info in the original sales report... Over to you @Alamy

Phil

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Phil Crean said:

I've just made this very point to contributor services as after finding usages that I was unsure whether they were genuine licences or not reported I send an email querying them so they then had to check with the sales team and let me know that they had in fact been licensed and reported for said usages.

which i will point again to Alamy, contributors are Obligated to do under section 16.7 of the agreement, at this point most uncredited usage look "suspicious" to me if i don't have complete information about the licence. (also note Alamy this obligation applies to All Content, not just exclusive)

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

On 15/04/2022 at 21:32, geogphotos said:

I'd also like to see downloads reported so I know which images it's worth doing a reverse image search on for usages. 

Mark

• Like 3

On 24/04/2022 at 13:40, M.Chapman said:

I'd also like to see downloads reported so I know which images it's worth doing a reverse image search on for usages. 

Mark

Actually this is something that should be provided to Alamy's Infringement team.  All downloads> x months with no reported sale. 

• Like 1

On 24/04/2022 at 17:40, M.Chapman said:

Mark

I can understand why Alamy would not want to share download information - somebody has shown an interest in an image and got a price but not yet bought. But for ones where a license exists why not share that with us? It would save Alamy staff time answering endless queries and allow us to check for and report infringements - work g together rather than the contributors being kept in the dark.

As to reverse searches it is definitely worth doing that for all images that have sold especially if they have been used by newspapers/BBC. 

Edited by geogphotos
  • Like 3

Interesting to read in Brasilnut's agency sales summary that one of Alamy main competitors at S*Stock Editorial report client names to contributors. 

EDIT - apparently this information has now been deleted

Edited by geogphotos
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In my experience, that when applying for media accreditation, its becoming more and more common  that photographer is asked  to provide  detailed information about commissioning clients, editors,  companies, publishers  including  whos using the image, where they were used, when they were used  etc. etc.. Without this information, its likely the photographer will not be given accreditation. So apart from the good reasons already discussed, above,  this is another good reason why  it would be very useful if Alamy supplied us with this information. Perhaps Alamy  are worried we will cut out the middle man and do business with the client directly?