28 minutes ago, Avpics said:

I have three, with the report stating 'Affiliate charge for [invoice number] Image ref [image number]'. It seems quite common for affiliate sales to be billed incorrectly.

Ah yes, I didn’t think to look at the full report. Mine is an “affiliate charge” for an image sold in November.

Edited by Sally

and still no communication from Alamy why the tenfold increase in "Affiliate Fees" under the new contract.

The other thing i find worrying about the Affiliate fees is that, even if it is a source of NEW customers, which still as not been proven (not my experience where i have used Affiliate links) where affiliate fees are paid on purchases in first 30 days, why is the contributor that had images in the period the sole responsible for this cost with no future rewards?  Shouldn't this be spread? 

Here is what i mean, Thanks to an affiliate links NEW customer XYZ comes to Alamy, and licenses 3 images.  The contributors of these images pay a significant portion of the commission to the Affiliate.  After the 30 days, same client impressed with the service they have discovered licences another image, with no affiliate fee, but all this goes to Alamy and another Contributor. Why is this?  Since the original contributors actually Paid for the affiliates link, and the Cost of bringing a New customer, shouldn't they share in future margins (ie. no affiliate cost)? 

• 1 month later...

I have another "other fees" affiliate charge today. I don't understand why this is happening. It's bad enough to have had a couple months now of seeing 4 cents and 8 cents net sales, but then to be charged for. . .what exactly?. . . it feels so defeating. If anyone has more insight into these "other fees" please share. When it happened before I thought it was because of some kind of error, now I wonder if it's going to be a regular thing?

• Like 1

I find these very annoying.  Today I had 8 image sales reported, 4 of which were each for net amounts of less than the $6.18 “other fees”.  Pathetically small net sales fees after the increased Alamy commission take, coupled with the new, unattributable “other fees” deductions (which, so far as I know were never a feature in pre PA days - why only since then, one wonders?) continue to decrease motivation. 

Graham

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Graham said:

I find these very annoying.  Today I had 8 image sales reported, 4 of which were each for net amounts of less than the $6.18 “other fees”.  Pathetically small net sales fees after the increased Alamy commission take, coupled with the new, unattributable “other fees” deductions (which, so far as I know were never a feature in pre PA days - why only since then, one wonders?) continue to decrease motivation. 

Graham

someone posted that Alamy has been aggressively encouraging third party to promote affiliate link, including photographer. 

And if this is like any affiliate links i use, they are mainly a way to thank the third party for something unrelated.  For example if i'm going to buy gear on Amazon, I would frequently go to one of my preferred Youtube channel and use their link to reward them for their content, thinking Besos was the one paying it, not the gear producer. 

From Alamy perspective my other beef, is that if this is a way to attract new client, shouldn't the 15% of my fees I paid as an attraction bonus, entitle me to future royalty of later purchases by this client.  They came to Alamy, and bought here thanks to MY work, fact they came back for more is thanks to me.

Edited by meanderingemu
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Sure would be nice to get a clear and complete explanation of "other fees."  Had charges at month end each month beginning with December 2021.

Contacted Alamy via email with a question on the topic along with another issue.  No reply to date on either topic!