Tiny World Series

Michael Ventura

I have always been a fan of nature documentaries, since watching Jacques Cousteau when I was a kid.  Nature film making is always pushing the limits.  Well this series called Tiny World takes macro photography to a new level.  I have been "binge" watching it on Apple TV.  For those of you who love to shoot small creatures...that's you Carol, Gen and Betty, among many others, this series is a must see,  Just wish it wasn't just on Apple TV.  Maybe it is on other streaming platforms but it is produced by Apple.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Wow! The equipment these guys have! It's superb filming. Thank you for the thumbs up. 

Have you seen David Attenborough's series Life in the Undergrowth? 

It's all so fascinating!

• Love 1

31 minutes ago, gvallee said:

Wow! The equipment these guys have! It's superb filming. Thank you for the thumbs up. 

Have you seen David Attenborough's series Life in the Undergrowth? 

It's all so fascinating!

I have seen a lot of his various series but not that one yet!

Thanks Michael. We don't have any streaming services, but I'll surely look out for this. And of course I'll then lust after more equipment. 

Re those mantis shrimps, they are not known as "smasher" mantis shrimps for nothing. I've had more than one chase me (well actually themselves reflected in the port of my camera housing) and it's best to beat a quick retreat. I can just imagine explaining why I've got $30,000 worth of wet camera gear to the insurance company. "Sorry, but it was attacked by a shrimp". This one chased me around for ages, I was trying to get some shots, while laughing so much at it's crazy antics, that my reg kept falling out of my mouth. It kept climbing the reef to try to get to me (or that other nasty mantis that it could see in the glass of my port). I soon decided to leave the area. 
EWPC8C.jpg

• Love 2
  • Like 2