November 2021 favourite uploads

Alan Beastall

On 30/11/2021 at 12:35, Ed Rooney said:

It was lightly raining but the camera was under my baseball cap. I used my Sony RX100-V at 24mm set at Full-Auto, the orange Superior-Auto setting. I can shoot RAW with that. I've found this works well for hand-helded night shooting. Sometimes I go back to Aperture Priority. You can see it's raining in the shot below.

bar-htte-and-hearts-filled-christmas-tre

Both images are fabulous, Ed.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

On 30/11/2021 at 13:35, Ed Rooney said:

It was lightly raining but the camera was under my baseball cap. I used my Sony RX100-V at 24mm set at Full-Auto, the orange Superior-Auto setting. I can shoot RAW with that. I've found this works well for hand-helded night shooting. Sometimes I go back to Aperture Priority. You can see it's raining in the shot below.

bar-htte-and-hearts-filled-christmas-tre

Love this shot so much Edo!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

Love this shot so much Edo!

Edo patiently timed the shot perfectly to catch the person with the umbrella in the colorful reflection. This is an image, if it were mine, that would have given me goosebumps when I saw what I had.

• Love 1

Maybe the next challenge will be umbrellas? Oh, I just realised this is a weather shot. 🤪

If you look through HCB's book The Decisive Moment, and I'm sure you all have, he has a pattern. He picks a spot and waits for the element to enter. I think one of my own best DM is this:

2AGM4FG.jpg

And I have a rule when shooting Street: if there are people or animals in the frame, they must read. I don't want any clumps. Anyway, thanks for noticing. 

• Love 2
  • Thanks 2

Last of my favourits uploads from November which past QC early December.

Empowerment statue with pigeon resting on outstretched arm

empowerment-statue-with-pigeon-resting-on-outstretched-arm-lincoln-city-2021-2H79GN0.jpg

The HAND

the-hand-2H79GWR.jpg

Young couple meeting and celebrating happy occasion

young-couple-meeting-aand-celebrating-happy-occasion-lincoln-2021-2H79H2M.jpg

Two elderly ladies conversing on benchtwo-elderly-ladies-conversing-on-bench-castle-hill-lincoln-city-2021-2H79H0N.jpg

Horse in field wearing Shires coat to keep warm

horse-in-field-wearing-shires-coat-to-keep-warm-2H80B1X.jpg

Couple enjoying sun in Lincoln Castle grounds

couple-enjoying-sun-in-lincoln-castle-grounds-2021-2H812J3.jpg

photographer taking poto of just eat delivery rider

photographer-taking-poto-of-just-eat-delivery-rider-kings-parade-cambridge-2021-2H813AT.jpg

Young woman punting male in punt on river Cam

young-woman-punting-male-in-punt-on-river-cam-at-queens-college-cambridge-2021-2H814K8.jpg

Thirty miles per hour road sign

thirty-miles-per-hour-road-sign-2H81DAB.jpg

Man looking at leaflets of forthcoming attractions at New Theatre Royal Lincoln

man-looking-at-leaflets-of-forthcoming-attractions-at-new-theatre-royal-lincoln-2021-2H81D8E.jpg

Thats all.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 2