Google pixel 6 pro

Hello everyone have you heard the new phone just came out Google pixel 6 pro, I would like to invest this phone doing my photography do you think it's worth it? I am currently using Sony Rx100 m3. What do you this about this phone please give me some advice.

41 minutes ago, Steve F said:

Hi Anna. What sort of photography do you want to do with it? Alamy won't accept images from smartphones other than iPhones and those have to be submitted via Stockimo.

Steve

would like to do food photography maybe at this very moment

17 minutes ago, anna182016 said:

would like to do food photography maybe at this very moment

Hi, sorry, I wasn't clear. The photo subject is irrelevant. What I meant was, are you going to e.g. have professional clients, are you going to submit to stock agencies, are you potentially going to have large prints of your pictures made, are you going to just submit on social media. Phone camera is OK for the latter, not the former.

Edited by Steve F
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Steve F said:

Hi, sorry, I wasn't clear. The photo subject is irrelevant. What I meant was, are you going to e.g. have professional clients, are you going to submit to stock agencies, are you potentially going to have large prints of your pictures made, are you going to just submit on social media. Phone camera is OK for the latter, not the former.

I will be submitting it on Alamy.

3 hours ago, Steve F said:

Alamy don't permit the use of camera phones - see my first post!!

https://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-images/guidelines-for-submitting-images/?section=3

More’s the pity, since some of the phones take great photos. And the dynamic range is getting better. I still prefer my camera in most circumstances. Not all, though.

27 minutes ago, M.Chapman said:

So long as you don't look at them at 100% size....

Mark

Actually, I had a great android LG phone 8 years ago. At the time I bought it, it was the largest megapixel phone out there, 12. I tried it out in the store and was captivated by the excellent images. I had my Nikon and the phone with me on vacation. When I got home, I had to look at the file number identifications to tell some of them apart. Where I noticed the difference was in the blocked shadows from the phone images on bright contrasty days. The dynamic range just wasn’t there, yet.

Yes, overall, and consistently, the Nikon won. Yet there were more than a handful where the phone images competed or tied with the Nikon. All of those images were viewed on my iMac, with all of the considerations.

The reason I went back to iPhones was because I couldn’t submit the Android phone images to the “other” place.

• Love 1

This was the best overview of the specifications that I came across, from DPReview unsurprisingly. 

https://www.dpreview.com/news/9418998100/google-pushes-ai-powered-photo-technology-next-level-pixel-6-pixel-6-pro-smartphones

In particular -  "The wide camera module inside both devices uses a 50MP 1/1.31” sensor (1.2µm pixels) and offers a 26mm full-frame equivalent focal length with an F1.85 aperture."

The sensor is a Samsung Isocell GN1 and here they explain:

"Capture exactly what you see in any lighting conditions with the ISOCELL GN1. The sensor comes with 1.2μm-sized pixels that are equipped with outstanding light sensitivity and produce true-to-life photographs. ISOCELL GN1 maximizes the benefits of large pixels by using Tetrapixel technology, which combines four neighboring pixels into one 2.4μm-sized pixel and quadruples the light sensitivity. The bigger pixels allow the sensor to capture blur-free images even in dim-lit situations."

You might think then that this would bring down the MegaPixel count to 12.5MP for low light situations but I've no idea if that is an option for normal scenes or if it switches automatically. Potentially it could be excellent quality at 12.5MP if the lens is up to it.

For comparison the Sony RX100 series has a 24MP 1" sensor and a pixel pitch of 2,4µm.

I take all my personal and note-like images with my phone, an iPhone 12 mini now. I've never submitted anything to Stockimo, Alamy's sister agency, but I'm thinking about taking a month and doing nothing else. The camera is 12MP. And I still have my iPhone 7. 

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

I take all my personal and note-like images with my phone, an iPhone 12 mini now. I've never submitted anything to Stockimo, Alamy's sister agency, but I'm thinking about taking a month and doing nothing else. The camera is 12MP. And I still have my iPhone 7. 

Ed

Have a look at CameraPro App which gives you a RAW file to use

https://www.procamera-app.com/en/

• Love 1

On 06/11/2021 at 20:23, ReeRay said:

Ed

Have a look at CameraPro App which gives you a RAW file to use

https://www.procamera-app.com/en/

I’ve had that app for a long time. Pretty neat, but I haven’t used it in awhile. My iPhone gives me a RAW file if I want. Your idea of using the phone for a month is a good one, Ed.  It just might get the creative juices flowing again.