I very recently sold this - it went for a respectable $55.00 -

B7WDF8 Chickens Dentdale

OK so it's only one sale (second sale in 2 weeks with just over 1,300 up) but, having read a few sad/downbeat stories about sales on here (and I confess I wrote one or two back in the day) it just shows that anything will sell!! I know we all need to keep an eye on what seems to satisfy the market but I shot this, very randomly, whilst out walking in Dentdale a few years back.

My take is that if the quality is there, submit and be damned.

nj

:)

. . . or in a cage.

Nick, I raise you your group with my pair (Guardian Gardening Blog, 11/11/13)

A0592M.jpg

only just published so months to wait to find out for how much.

Seems chooks are in vogue at the moment.

dd

Looks delicious - we've seen the before, how about the after!

dov

... sure . . .

D15M04.jpg

dd

I very recently sold this - it went for a respectable $55.00 -

B7WDF8 Chickens Dentdale

OK so it's only one sale (second sale in 2 weeks with just over 1,300 up) but, having read a few sad/downbeat stories about sales on here (and I confess I wrote one or two back in the day) it just shows that anything will sell!! I know we all need to keep an eye on what seems to satisfy the market but I shot this, very randomly, whilst out walking in Dentdale a few years back.

My take is that if the quality is there, submit and be damned.

nj

:)

For sure. I was sat waiting for my dinner while at a restaurant in Lima.... fiddling with the camera I took a picture of an empty table next to me..... was zoomed on reference number so could turn into a sale..... you never know, it may pay for the meal  :D

I deeply regret that my best ever un-posed, candid shot of our own hens has sold - for all of $1... Alamy, can do better!

AB894K.jpg

Well, it's a lovely shot, David . . . and a cheapskate client. I'm gonna have trouble eating chicken again. 

Archived