Plant and flower ID if possible

Colin Woods

Question

9 answers to this question

Sorry this is off topic but the mention of the Isle of Skye reminded me of a Youtube channel that I've recently discovered called 'Photography Online' which is based on the Isle. It has been going for just over a year and personally I'm finding it very informative with a lively and high quality presentation, think Countryfile with a touch of Top Gear.

I'm not in any way connected with it but just thought if anyone would like to check it out the link is here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPGVcUjuoNmZopQcMsoo1Ww

They take you to some stunning locations in Scotland checking out locations for landscape photography, with technical tips, kit reviews etc.

Hope you enjoy it too. 

Sea Thrift, Armeria maritima, it certainly is, Colin. Just as a footnote, the Isle of Skye is one of my favourite places in the UK and I like to get there every year but this hasn't been possible since 2019 because of Covid. I did visit Elgol at the time. I see a nice blue sky in your image - I had to manage low cloud and rain. But it's still beautiful whatever the weather!

Jim. 

1 minute ago, Broad Norfolk said:

I see a nice blue sky in your image - I had to manage low cloud and rain

I think I saw the sky and mountain tops on my fourth or fifth visit to Skye. The Scottish Highlands and Islands are atmospheric even when it is grey and cloudy, they are some of my favourite places anywhere, second only to Chamonix. Elgol is lovely and one of my favourite peaks in Scotland is Bla Bheinn (Blaven).